ABOUT UNITED WAY OF RUSSIA
United Way of Russia has been founded in 1993. In 2016, the Foundation has been engaged in charitable projects in 14 regions of the country. More than 44 companies and 4000 individual donors have contributed to the Foundation.
The Foundation's Executive Director is the organization's top manager appointed by the Board of Directors to lead the United Way of Russia in growing its operations and reaching a new stage of efficiency and scale in fulfilling the organization’s mission. The Executive Director will bring exceptional leadership and strategic abilities, strong organizational management and communication skills. S/he will work across private, public, corporate and third sectors to improve conditions in the community. S/he will be an effective fundraiser for the United Way of Russia, with the ability to conceive of, build support for, and implement strategies for increased funding from corporations, foundations and individuals. The Executive Director will be responsible for the successful implementation of the strategy and management of the organization according to the directions set by the Board of Directors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization. Attend all board meetings and act as an advisor to the Board on all aspects of the organization’s activities.
- Works closely with the Board to craft and adapt the strategy to achieve increased impact, including raising the funds to support it.
- Act as a spokesperson for the United Way of Russia and represent the organization within the community to enhance the organization’s profile, reputation, and brand.
- Establish and build relationships with top leaders in the community, including those representing the highest levels in business, government, and non-profit sectors.
- Liaise with United Way Worldwide, and participate/ contribute to its regional or global activities, for the benefit if UW Russia and the larger network.
Fundraising and Public Relations
- Responsible for growing revenue and leading fundraising efforts for the organization. Effectively engage and link a variety of donors and volunteers to inform and contribute to advancing the organization’s mission.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors and key leaders of prospective new corporate partners, create new revenue growth opportunities.
- Organize and participate in fundraising events, presentations/ meetings with potential donors, and actively follow up for engagement.Engage and support to the Board in the fundraising efforts.
- Ensure donors receive recognition and information about their investments in a timely and attractive manner, according to their needs and interests.
- Ensure UW Russia gets visibility by participating in conferences and events, appearances in the media, through articles/ interviews, media/social media posts.
- Work with the relevant internal committee (Fundraising or PR & Marketing) to implement the fundraising and PR strategy.
Impact in the Community
- Establish collaborative working relationships with community groups, funders, government representatives and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- Use fundraised resources in the most impactful and transparent way possible, by working with NGOs and partners that achieve best results, in the key areas/ topics agreed in the strategic plan.
- Coordination of the selection, assessment, and audits of potential grant recipients. Work with the relevant internal committee(s) to ensure each charity meets the standards for funding and creates the desired impact.
- Full and accurate reporting of the results of charity visits and audits leading to funding approvals by the Board.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the grants.
Operations, Finance, and HR
- Develop and implement an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic plan of the organization.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Ensure personnel, client, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy is maintained.
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery, and with the approval of the Board, hire the staff.
- Ensure implementation of effective financial & human resources policies, procedures, and practices that protect the organization and ensure transparency, as required by local laws and United Worldwide.
- Establish a positive, healthy, supportive and safe work environment for staff and volunteers, in accordance with all appropriate legislation, regulations and organizational policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A successful applicant must be a seasoned professional in non-profit management, corporate sustainability, philanthropy or marketing and communications with a proven track record of fundraising, project and people management.
- Five years or more of the relevant job experience in non-profit organizations, business entities, public institutions, or government agencies.
- Proficient in English language (fluent speaking and writing)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Substantial experience working in or with the nonprofit sector, interacting with volunteers and boards. Alternatively, extensive experience in the leadership and management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities (non-profit and for-profit) relating to the mission of the organization
- Entrepreneurial (or Action oriented), courageous and visionary executive who will work with the board of directors to establish long-term goals to continue to grow the organization and respond to the changing needs
- Proven management, business, and financial acumen. Skilled in financial management, knowledge of charity specific financial practices.
- Excellent communicator who will be a strong advocate in promoting the mission of the United Way
- Experience in or across multiple sectors, including nonprofit, public and corporate environments.
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams
- Experience in building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- Strong professional ethics, integrity, and accountability in all actions
- High level of energy intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
If you have questions please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use this email to submit your applications. Make sure you submit via online submission process.