The Executive Director will provide professional staff leadership to advance the work of Partners for a Competitive Workforce (PCW) in meeting its mission of growing the skills of our workforce to meet the needs of our employers, and working with employers to improve their systems for recruiting, retention, and advancement. Provide overall leadership in guiding and executing strategy, supporting aligned activities, advancing shared measurement, building public will, mobilizing funding, and policy advocacy in support of PCW’s agenda. Provide staff leadership to the PCW Partners Council. Manage the PCW budget, staff, and consultants. Secure, manage, and report on all grants. Build and maintain extensive network of key stakeholders and partners to advance the work.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Guide and execute PCW’s vision and strategy: Working with the PCW Partners Council, develop and execute all strategic objectives to advance PCW’s mission. Guide strategy development, catalyze initiatives, convene partnerships, drive implementation, and provide thought leadership in the workforce field.
- Support aligned activities: Oversee all PCW investments and activities to support partners and programs that are aligned to PCW’s strategic objectives.
- Policy advocacy: Develop and advance policy priorities in support of PCW’s agenda at the local, state, and federal levels, in partnership with the United Way of Greater Cincinnati's (UWGC) Public Policy team.
- Advance shared measurement: Oversee the quality and completeness of the PCW data in the shared database and ensure completion of data analyses to drive continuous improvement in the regional workforce system. Oversee evaluation of all PCW activities.
- Mobilize funding: Secure the resources required for PCW’s operations and strategies, in partnership with the UWGC Resource Development and Strategic Resources teams. Work with partners to align existing funding streams to advance PCW’s agenda. Oversee PCW’s budget and manage all grants.
- Build public will: Drive awareness of PCW’s work among key audiences, in partnership with the UWGC Marketing team. Manage all PCW communications and media relations.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with graduate-level work desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the region’s education, workforce, and economic development system.
- Ten years of relevant experience including experience managing staff and working with consultants.
- Ability to see the big picture, make connections between ideas and concepts, execute against strategic goals, and drive action.
- Highly accountable for delivering results.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Outstanding relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to a variety of audiences.
- Experienced at building effective partnerships of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong analytic ability; must be able to collect, analyze, manipulate, interpret, report and utilize data.
- Work at the highest level of integrity, honesty and openness.
- Local travel to meetings and events within the regional area. National travel to conferences, meetings, and speaking engagements.
Applicants should apply by Friday, February 9, 2018 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion