About Heart of Kentucky United Way:
Heart of Kentucky United Way (HKUW) is located in beautiful Danville, KY, (Boyle County) just one hour south of Lexington. Danville is a thriving combination of small-town friendliness, big-city culture / events, idyllic countryside and living history. In this context, HKUW invests in programs that work to advance Education, Income, and Health in Boyle, Garrard, Lincoln, and Mercer Counties. 99 cents of every dollar donated stays in local communities, impacting the lives of your neighbors, friends, and loved ones!
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for the operations of the organization including fundraising, financial management, developing and implementing new United Way initiatives by working with community leaders, donors, clients, and staff. Additionally, this position builds strong relationships with various constituent groups and promotes the mission of the United Way to Boyle, Mercer, Lincoln, and Garrard Counties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The successful applicant will possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, organizational and management skills with the equivalent of 5 years’ experience in the nonprofit sector specifically in the areas of nonprofit administration including communications, financial management, strategic planning, grant writing, fundraising and fund distribution, program development, evidence-based outcome measurement, and volunteer management. Experience with Office 360, Adobe, website design, credit card processing, and donor application software is required.
The primary responsibilities will focus on working with board leadership and development; fundraising; identifying and aligning community needs with the mission of HKUW; managing the daily operations and marketing of the organization; and compliance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / BENEFITS
This full-time salaried position is located in Danville, Kentucky and generally requires a 40-hour workweek in the HKUW office. Meetings, annual campaigns, and special events will require time outside of the regular workweek. A competitive compensation package is provided including salary, paid time off, and a retirement plan contribution.
Interested, qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com directly for fastest response. A background check (including criminal, credit, references, education verification) and post offer drug screen will be conducted.
EOE M/F/Disabled Individual/Veteran
Drug Free Workplace
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.