This is a unique opportunity to become the first Executive Director of The Century Promise (TCP), a non-profit in Allentown, PA. The mission of The Century Promise is to provide every student in the Allentown School District with the opportunity to succeed by presenting a clear avenue to college enrollment, and/or guaranteed employment with participating companies after high school graduation. The Executive Director will lead all aspects of the organization with the support of the board, three direct reports and with technical assistance from United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley.
- Strategically plan how TCP will accomplish the mission.
- Identify and collaborate with other organizations in Allentown that can enhance TCP’s work.
- Recruit participating employers.
- Work with ASD and employers to develop and refine career pathways.
- Develop and manage the budget, direct three full-time staff members, secure insurance, equipment, and services, etc.
- Lead fundraising, public relations, and marketing.
Work Experience and/or Education
10-plus years of professional work experience in a range of ANY of the following: not-for-profit program management, business or not-for-profit leadership, fundraising, educational administration, workforce development, business and industry development, working with board and committee members in a not-for-profit setting; education considered in lieu of some experience.
- Experience and recognition as a strong leader, able to excel within the unique culture and dynamics of the Allentown community.
- Proficient in the concepts of Collective Impact including convening partners from school districts, government, business and industry and not-for-profit around a common outcome.
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation and compelling communication skills both one-on-one and with groups.
- Proven experience in personal relationship building, socializing professionally in both intimate settings and at larger social events.
- Dedication to and demonstrating culture competency in a diverse community.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of The Century Promise.
- Provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. The Century Promise is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation, Employer & Work Location
This position will be an employee of The Century Promise. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is assisting in recruitment only.
The work location is in the Butz Corporate Center, 840 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA.
This is a full time, exempt position with a salary plus benefits package of $150,000.