UWPBC is seeking an Executive Director to lead the Achieve Palm Beach County initiative in the oversight of all operational, financial and relationship-management responsibilities with the goal of increasing post-secondary access and completion of career readiness among Palm Beach County high school graduates. United Way of Palm Beach County serves as the backbone agency for the initiative. The Achieve PBC mission is to prepare students for a meaningful career with a sustainable wage. Positive outcomes may include degrees, professional job certifications, apprenticeships, military enlistment and vocational training. For more information about the initiative, visit achievepbc.org.
- Develop and implement the fund development plan to support the infrastructure of the program as well as efforts of Achieve PBC’s strategy teams. The fund development plan should focus on growth as well as sustainability and should integrate with United Way’s fund development planning efforts. Further, it should include sources such as government and private grant funds, major gifts, business sponsors, and in-kind support
- Manage Achieve PBC’s governance structure, operational guidelines, and communications plan, and development/implement/manage its communications plan, in conjunction with the Achieve PBC’s Operations Team of community leaders and United Way
- Facilitate Achieve PBC’s Executive Champions and Operations Teams, along with their subcommittees, and two Support Teams focused on data/evaluation and outreach/communications
- Advocate for issues pertaining to college readiness, access to and completion of a post-secondary education, as supported by the initiative’s goals and metrics
- Ensure the implementation of internal and external communications as outlined within Achieve PBC’s communications plan
- Employ the use of metrics and data driven methods to analyze and expand the strategy and goals as well as demonstrate the impact of Achieve PBC
- Engage and cultivate effective working relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders representing various sectors (e.g., students, parents, and families as well as education, business, nonprofit, philanthropic, civic, faith-based and other community leaders)
- Develop the annual budget ensuring optimum resource utilization and sound financial stewardship, including regular review of financials with Achieve PBC’s Operations Team
- Manage Achieve PBC staff, including the Senior Director and administrative staff
- Assist with the United Way of Palm Beach County’s disaster response efforts
- Demonstration of strategic thinking, awareness and ability to perform effectively given internal and external influences
- Demonstration of outstanding interpersonal, meeting facilitation and organizational skills.
- Ability to build consensus and facilitate collaboration, as well as the ability to build and sustain productive relationships with diverse individuals, groups, organizations and communities.
- Proven ability to create/implement/fundraise via a comprehensive fund development plan including diversified revenue streams.
- Demonstration of marketing, public relations, and/or community relations experience.
- Experience with effectively managing an organization or large-scale program or initiative.
- Experience in building and maintaining strategic partnerships with for-profit corporations, and nonprofit organizations, including faith-based, government and philanthropic agencies
- Practical experience in the development of truly impactful programs or initiatives within both start-up and institutional environments, with demonstrated growth in organizational resources, reputation, and reach
- The proven ability to create and leverage broad-based momentum within an organization dependent on buy-in and support from an unusually diverse group of partners and communities
- Ability to follow governance documents and successfully move a diverse group of people toward a common vision.
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple high-priority projects.
- Ability to independently, effectively and creatively solve problems.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends, when needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Practical experience engaging families and other support networks to support students’ aspirations and opportunities to achieve
- An exceptional reputation among peers for influence, critical thinking, and problem-solving; demonstrated through an influential professional network
- A solutions-driven management approach supported by experience and hard data
- A record of creating and supporting staff teams of exceptional competence
- Focus and tenacity in pursuit of challenging goals
- Proven ability to develop and manage a budget, including efficient resource utilization
- Creativity and Innovation
- Impact and Influence
- Leading and Managing Change
- Problem Solving
- Relationship and Collaboration Building
- Strategic Thinking
- Systems and Administration
- Team Leadership
- Visioning and Alignment
- Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree preferred and a minimum of five years of executive level management experience or a combination of related education and work experience; Nonprofit management experience preferred
- Proven success with fund development and communications
- Demonstrated commitment to education and educational attainment
- Experience working in a team environment, managing/facilitating effective groups, developing collaborative relationships, and working with volunteers
- Flexibility and ability to work on system level change and multiple high-priority projects.
- Ability to analyze data and develop innovative strategies to maximize results
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Furhter details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
The United Way of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran starus, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.