The United Way of the River Cities is in search of a visionary, dynamic, and driven leader to serve as our next Executive Director.
The United Way of the River Cities is headquartered in Huntington, West Virginia and serves Cabell, Lincoln, Mason, and Wayne Counties in West Virginia and Lawrence County Ohio. Huntington is home to Marshall University, which was featured in the 2006 Warner Brothers’ film – “We Are Marshall.” In 2017, Huntington was awarded the title of “America’s Best Community” and a $3 million prize in a national community revitalization campaign competition.
The mission of the United Way of the River Cities is to partner with our diverse and united community to connect the community with resources to reduce poverty and improve lives. We focus on our region’s most critical issues within the areas of health, education, financial stability and basic needs. We forge partnerships, mobilize both human and financial resources, and inspire others to join us to create solutions to our community’s most pressing problems. We envision a community where everyone has the tools and opportunity to thrive.
The Executive Director is the leader of the organization, establishing a vision for Community Impact that is achieved through the efforts of a diverse team of high-performing leaders, staff and volunteers alike. As the chief mobilizer, the Executive Director leverages the power of relationships and networks, and works across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community. The Executive Director possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. The Executive Director is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact. The Executive Director plays a crucial role in growing and protecting the reputation of United Way. The Executive Director is responsible for building trust in United Way and its relevance in the community. The Executive Director values the network and strives to leverage United Way’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
Desired Skills and Experience Include:
- Senior leadership and strategic management experience including ability to lead change and prioritize resources, to conduct and to implement strategic plans, as well as to oversee financial management, marketing and organizational growth.
- Ability to effectively articulate, communicate, and advocate the mission and vision to all stakeholders resulting in the organization’s success.
- Successful and demonstrated fundraising ability, volunteer management and effective public relations skills.
- Prior experience working with a board of directors, staff, strategic planning, goal setting, and fiscal management are required.
- Leadership experience with philanthropic non-profit organizations preferred.
The United Way of the River Cities offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, health coverage and contributions to retirement. Relocation Assistance is available.
If you are interested in being a key player in the revitalization of our part of Appalachia, please apply through the United Way website found at https://careers.unitedway.org/
The United Way of the River Cities is an equal employment opportunity employer.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.