Located in scenic Southern Oregon, United Way of the Klamath Basin has a successful 77-year history of helping people, and is widely respected for its accountability, transparency, and leadership role in our community. We are seeking an energetic leader to manage the day-to-day operations of our organization. The ideal candidate will: have a strong financial background, successful fund-raising ability, be able to positively engage with community and business leaders, have strong public speaking and media relations skills, and lead a diverse board of directors in goal setting and driving actions to achieve these goals.
OVERVIEW OF KEY RESPONSIBILITES: (The major responsibilities include, but are not limited to):
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the office with a part-time staff member. This will include a strong knowledge of Microsoft Software products, phone skills, and a positive employee management discipline.
- Engage with community members and business leaders to establish fundraising goals, and stress the importance of achieving these for the betterment of the community we serve.
- Work with the board of directors to develop strategic plans, achieve goals, strategies, and objectives. Work with community partners to identify social service needs, raise necessary funds, and implement program services that will best serve the human care needs of our local citizens.
- Budgeting and financial reporting to the board of directors. Ensure fiscal accountability of the organization.
- Proactive communication skills, both written and verbal, with the media and community at large. This includes, but not limited to press releases, interviews, community presentations, and office visits with business leaders.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with substantial experience working in the non-profit sector. A proven strong community relations skill will be considered. Successful fund raising/grant writing experience is necessary, and a history of working with a board of directors is a plus.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.