Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for the professional leadership and management of United Way of Nevada County (“UWNC”), working with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers to pursue UWNC’s mission and attainment of its strategic goals according to UWNC’s bylaws, policies and decisions formulated by the Board of Directors. Essential duties and responsibilities include leadership, management, resource development, marketing/communications, and finance/operations. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Board Administration and Support
1. Partner with the Board of Directors to create, support, and implement UWNC strategies, policies and procedures, including bylaws, strategic plans, and community goals.
2. Assist the Board in identifying and recruiting new Board members whose talents, backgrounds, commitment, and interests are congruent with the organization's needs and mission, particularly maintaining and strengthening connections to Nevada County businesses and diverse communities.
1. Strive to meet organizational fundraising goals by researching and identifying funding sources, preparing and submitting proposals, and establishing and implementing strategies to approach and successfully secure the commitment of donors.
2. Research and prepare grant proposals, and other funding applications, as well as all necessary reporting.
1. Lead the United Way of Nevada County (UWNC) to carry out the programs, goals, objectives, policies and decisions formulated by the Board of Directors and its Committees to address and impact Nevada
County residents’ access to education, health and financial resources.
2. Execute existing UWNC programs in an effective manner to address residents’ access to education, health and financial resources.
3. Develop and maintain partnerships with provider organizations, other community funders and the business community to further the mission and goals of UWNC.
4. Develop, manage, and effectively involve volunteers to assist United Way of Nevada County in addressing and impacting people's needs in Nevada County as well as the needs of UWNC.
Community and Public Relations
1. Develop and implement continuing communications and marketing programs to bring broad support and understanding of United Way of Nevada County and its mission to the community it serves.
Financial, Tax and Risk Management
1. Ensure that all business and financial affairs of United Way of Nevada County are conducted in accordance with all acceptable standards of business and regulatory agencies at the lowest cost possible, including implementation and maintenance of budgetary controls.
2. Maintain the organization’s fiscal health; ensure the UWNC adheres to a sustainable financial plan based on a Board-approved annual budget; ensure that the actual financial performance positively tracks budget and operating plans; foster and maintain an atmosphere of transparency and accountability in relation to UWNC’s financial goals.
Bachelor Degree and preference for those with CEO/ED experience and/or leadership, financing, non-profit or fundraising experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to the qualifications listed above.
Propensity for continuous improvement
Compensation & Benefits
This is an exempt, at-will, full time position.
Salary commensurate with experience, performance and UWNC’s financial condition.
Paid Time Off
Flexible Work Schedule
UWNC does not discriminate based on race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation and it is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000-60,000; depends on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Benefit potential depending on experience, budget, and after interim period
- Flex hours (normal business hours)
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- BA or BA, would consider AA with applicable experience
Willingness To Travel:
- Nevada County or one location
- Flexible within Nevada County