What We’re Looking For
Greater Longview United Way (GLUW) is seeking an Executive Director to build upon the legacy of its current Executive Director, who is retiring, and its highly engaged Board of Directors. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the organization is efficiently and effectively managed, well positioned in the community, and adequately resourced to achieve our desired community impact. A successful candidate must be a visionary leader, possess organization leadership and management skills, be able to grow business and revenue, and have a partnership mindset. The candidate must be network oriented. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to develop key external relationships to expand funding
- Extensive experience in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission
- Strong staff leadership and management
- Ability to form strong and collaborative partnership with a Board of Directors
- Active commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Precision in setting expectations and accountability across all core functions and for all staff
- Experience leading and managing a data and outcome informed community and collective impact organization
- Utilization of the skills and experience of key content expert staff to round out their own skill set
- Ability to lead with focus, specificity and clarity
- Strategic and decisive leader
The Board of Directors is most interested in interviewing candidates who can show specific results in the following areas:
- Achieving double digit fundraising growth and developing innovative strategies to diversify revenue streams
- Developing and initiating innovative concepts to increase community engagement, particularly the business and individual philanthropic communities
- Expanding and building partnerships with other anchor institutions within the community
- Collaborating with, respecting, and leading a high impact staff team who are content experts in their areas of responsibility
Previous experience leading: 1. A Business Development function, 2. A Philanthropic Funding or Nonprofit Organization, 3. Collective Impact and Community Engagement Organization or 4. A Community and External Affairs function would be highly desired.
To be a part of the most compelling mission in nonprofit work, submit a CV/resume and cover letter to the search committee at email@example.com. For additional
information regarding the organization and to view the full position description please visit: https://www.longviewunitedway.org/. Please do not contact the United Way staff or Board directly.
What You will Do
The Executive Director is the Board of Director’s single employee and serves as the leader of the organization. The position is broad requiring the Executive Director to be in charge of all internal operations and external relationships. Within the framework of the organization’s policies and bylaws, the Executive Director has the authority to take necessary action to perform the job responsibilities.
Greater Longview United Way is a locally incorporated, nonprofit organization dedicated to generating funding for and auditing the performance of its local partner agencies and programs. These agencies and programs provide care and support to more 42,000
people in the community. The money raised through employee campaigns, corporate and individual gifts go to human service organizations that meet a variety of critical needs in the local community, including health care, advocacy programs, childcare, food and shelter, life skills development, and much more.
For nearly a century, United Way has been an anchor organization in the greater Longview community, and its next leader has a unique opportunity to expand its impact and deepen the engagement of the business and civic leaders in this community.
Explore and Engage
Learn more about Greater Longview United Way here: Greater Longview United Way. Also, explore our great hometown of Longview and the many opportunities to engage locally: City of Longview, Downtown Longview, Longview Chamber of Commerce,
LeTourneau University, University of Texas at Tyler-Longview Campus and Kilgore College.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience and similar leadership positions within the community. Benefits will be in accordance with the United Way’s current employee policies and procedures.