Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties Board of Directors
Purpose of Position: To improve lives in Otter Tail County by mobilizing the caring powers in our community.
To serve as the Chief Professional Officer representing United Way and its partner programs in Otter Tail & Wadena communities, as well as at the region and state levels by providing strong, innovative and collaborative leadership. The Executive Director will also create and build awareness of United Way’s role and involvement in the community by delivering the vision and mission of United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties.
Board of Directors:
- Carry out UWOTW & UWW policies, Otter Tail & Wadena County objectives and directions of Board of Directors.
- Advise/inform Board on matters of policy and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develops plan of action for meeting fundraising goals and implementing the annual campaign drive
- Develops, maintains and updates all records, forms and fundraising tools needed to monitor the campaign.
- Identifies potential donors for fundraising needs through examination of past records, individual and corporate contacts and knowledge of the community
- Organizes and promotes annual campaign including development of brochures, pledges cards, campaign materials events, and promotes medial relations.
- Train administrative personnel and oversee their day to day activities
- Has chief administrative responsibility for public accountability of the agency
- Ensure legal obligations are met
- Maintains historical records of campaign giving and volunteer support
- Assists in preparation of annual budget subject to approval of the board
- Directs all financial operations of the agency
- Works with the board to establish clear policies and guidelines for fund management.
- Identification, recruitment, supervision, training and recognition of volunteers.
- Maintain collaboration with community non-profits to identify and share resources.
- Maintain working relationship with partner programs.
- Provide information, resources and training to partner programs.
- Provide guidance and support to agencies if needed.
- Coordinate Allocation duties including sites and volunteers
- Provide feedback to committee on program issues and community needs
- Work with agencies to assure compliance with contracts
Community Relations and Marketing:
- Work with the community on behalf of United Way and its partner programs.
- Serve on non-United Way committees or task forces which deal with significant community issues.
- Public speaking to community groups upon request.
- Meet regularly with Executives of funded and non-funded agencies
- Have a visible profile at community events.
- Develop a year-round marketing plan for the promotion of the United Way.
- Oversee development of all written campaign material including correspondence, website, press releases, news articles, brochures and handouts.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: Basic management, fundraising, event planning, financial management, business background, communications ability, administrative experience, human services, human resources. Working knowledge of Otter Tail & Wadena County areas and visibility within the community.
- Skills: Strong skills in verbal and written communication, fund-raising, public relations, volunteer coordination, ability to develop leadership, well-organized, enthusiastic and self-directed.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires local travel and may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.