Due to the upcoming retirement of our current Executive Director, Marshalltown Area United Way is beginning the search for our next Executive Director.
The job description below outlines the qualifications, duties and expectations of the position. If you are feeling called to apply, please email a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Marshalltown Area United Way, ATTN: Terry Gray, 709 South Center St., Marshalltown, IA 50158.
Role: The Executive Director shall provide the leadership, training, and strategies to execute the policies and objectives set by the Board of Directors. Shall align with national United Way Mission and Focus areas and applying them locally as appropriate. The director shall represent the Marshalltown Area United Way in a positive manner. This is a collaborative position that will effectively work with team members, Board of Directors and local community partners.
- Lead the Board of Directors and team members through initiatives or needs of the organization and connections to the vision and the mission.
- Create a collaborative and accountable environment for the Board to engage with the organization.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the parent United Way organization and all local partner agencies.
- Serve as the general manager and fiscal agent appointed and employed by the Board of Directors.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, represents and promotes the United Way to all components of the community and local partners.
- Attend all Board of Director meetings and serve as a member of the Executive Committee, attend other United Way sub-committee meetings, and serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors.
- Manage and oversee the day to day operations of the office.
- Coordinate and administer all budget allocation activities.
- Establish and train staff and volunteers.
- Oversee annual fundraising campaign.
- Guide the Board in the annual allocation process.
- Provide strategic guidance, oversight, and vision to the Board of Directors and during all scheduled meetings.
- Maintains a close, positive working relationship with all community supported agencies and assist with all reporting to the Board of Directors. Is a part of local collaborative community partners.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Education: Four year degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Experience: 5 years of executive level leadership/management experience of a complex nonprofit organization or with considerable interaction with a nonprofit sector.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000