The mission of United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area is to mobilize the caring power of the region we serve by connecting people, resources, and ideas to create a thriving community.
We are seeking a strategic and visionary individual who is capable of leading the organization and continuing the progress of our mission by utilizing our high performing and diverse team of staff, volunteers, and community leaders.
The Executive Director will leverage the power of relationships, agencies, and resources across all sectors to improve conditions in the community. This individual will also lead, administer, and coordinate the organization's operations and strategic initiatives.
- Substantial experience working in the nonprofit sector and interacting with volunteers and diverse boards. Alternatively, extensive senior strategic leadership experience in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Expertise on issues relevant to the organization.
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of promoting diversity and an ability to build collaboration with the community at-large.
- Experience in a senior strategic leadership role.
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams, and with conflict management.
- Experience in building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- High level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Baccalaureate degree required; advanced degree preferred. Three years experience in a senior strategic leadership role may substitute for an advanced degree.
United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status or domestic violence victim status