HIRING IMMEDIATELY TO FILL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION.
The Watertown Area United Way is looking to fill an open, full-time Executive Director position. This position will remain open until filled.
Our mission is that the Watertown Area United Way is that we are a nonprofit community based volunteer organization whose purpose is to assist in meeting human care needs of Watertown Area residents. Since June 8, 1970, Watertown Area United Way has grown to an annual campaign of $715,000 and allocates to 35-40 local programs annually. Our coverage area is primarily Watertown, SD but some programs, such Imagination Library, can serve up to the entire County of Codington.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
United Way is seeking an organizational leader who is a great communicator, successful fundraiser, who can multi-task, manage people, is creative, and ends-orientated. The Executive Director must own the mission and provide strategic, collaborative leadership to execute it properly. United Way acts as a catalyst for collaboration to create positive change in the community. The organization connects individuals, businesses, and other partners to build a stronger community focused on meeting education, health, and financial needs of those we serve.
- Full Time Position
- Salary Range $45,000 - $50,000, depending on Experience
- Benefits Stipend
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Professional Development Assistance
- On-Site, No relocation assistance
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum 5 Years' Experience in the Nonprofit Sector
- Minimum 3 Years' Experience in a Supervisor Role
- Preferred Knowledge of the Watertown, SD community
- Preferred Experience with United Way network as staff, board member, or volunteer
This role is responsible for overseeing all facets of the organization's operations. This is the only staff position in the Watertown Area United Way office. The Executive Director must be disciplined, be great at time management, and be able to work on their own. Responsibilities include fundraising for the annual campaign, board management, community outreach for two United Way programs, volunteer management, grant writing, some event planning, effectively communicate mission, develop relationships with donors, agencies, and community members alike. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs, various social media platforms, preferably Canva, and Bloomerang CRM software.
To see a full job description please click here.
To apply, please click here for the online application. There you can submit a cover letter and resume. The hiring committee will consider applications received by February 17, 2023, as priority.
CORE UNITED WAY HIRING AREAS
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.