The United Way of the River Cities is in search of a visionary, dynamic, and driven leader to serve as our next Executive Director.
The United Way of the River Cities is headquartered in Huntington, West Virginia and serves the 245,000 people who live in Cabell, Lincoln, Mason, and Wayne Counties in West Virginia and Lawrence County Ohio. Huntington is home to Marshall University, which was featured in the 2006 Warner Brothers’ film – “We Are Marshall.” In 2017, Huntington was awarded the title of “America’s Best Community” and a $3 million prize in a national community revitalization campaign competition.
The mission of the United Way of the River Cities is to partner with our diverse and united community to solve its greatest problems. We focus on our region’s most critical issues within the areas of health, education, financial stability and basic needs. We forge partnerships, mobilize both human and financial resources, and inspire others to join us to create solutions to our community’s most pressing problems.
The Executive Director serves as the senior executive and fiscal agent appointed by the Board of Directors. As the senior executive, the Executive Director will lead the organization and establish a vision that will be accomplished utilizing a high performing and diverse team of staff, volunteers and community leaders. The Executive Director will leverage the power of relationships and resources across all sectors to improve conditions in the community. The Executive Director will lead, administer and coordinate the nonprofit’s operations, including strategic and organization management, and lead the advocacy for the health, education and financial stability for the people in our service area. The responsibilities of this position will require the successful candidate to work outside regular business hours on occasion to meet with donors and work to advocate for those in need.
Desired Skills and Experience Include:
- Senior leadership and strategic management experience including ability to lead change and prioritize resources, to conduct and to implement strategic plans, as well as to oversee financial management, marketing and organizational growth.
- Ability to effectively articulate, communicate, and advocate the mission and vision to all stakeholders resulting in the organization’s success.
- Successful and demonstrated fundraising ability, volunteer management and effective public relations skills.
- Prior experience working with a board of directors, staff, strategic planning, goal setting, and fiscal management are required.
- Leadership experience with philanthropic non-profit organizations preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or work experience which demonstrates the intellectual capability required of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
The United Way of the River Cities offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, health coverage and contributions to retirement.
Relocation assistance is available.
If you are interested in being a key player in the revitalization of our part of Appalachia, click the “Apply” button below.
The United Way of the River Cities is an equal employment opportunity employer.