About United Way:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
The Executive Assistant works as an integral member of Finance department to support the advancement of organizational and departmental goals. This position requires strong administrative skills; ability to take initiative; operate in a highly professional manner; experience interacting with senior level management staff, board members and donors; ability to handle confidential information with discretion; and proven follow up skills to ensure successful and timely completion of projects.
- WHAT: Provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Finance department staff and coordinate the work of related Board committees.
HOW: Support the CFO and the department staff duties as assigned including, but not limited to, activities related to the Finance department including work being done in multiple regional offices. Coordinate annual calendar for meetings. Prepare Board resolutions as applicable. Prepare and distribute support materials for Board committee meetings and mailings to committees (Investment, Administration & Finance, and Audit committees). Monitor attendance plans of committee members. Work directly with Finance staff members to facilitate committee and other meetings including the timely development/refinement of meeting materials, such as PowerPoint or other appropriate presentation materials. Coordinate room reservations and catering as needed. Attend meetings and take minutes. Manage any follow-up required.
- WHAT: Manage high level administrative operations for the CFO and Finance department.
HOW: Play a lead role in the planning and execution of senior level meetings, taskforces, and related Finance initiatives. Coordinate department staff meetings. File Annual Report for the Secretary of State. Enter contracts and invoices into Concur purchasing system. Manage incoming mail for the department including the research and follow up on returned checks. Act as point of contact for Finance department and handoff tasks/issues to other staff members as needed.
- WHAT: Manage the schedule and calendar for CFO. Coordinate meetings and maintain filing system. Be proactive in organizing meeting materials and travel needs.
HOW: Maintain calendar (using Outlook) for CFO. Schedule internal and external meetings. Coordinate meeting requests, room reservations, video equipment, phone bridges, webinars, Zoom/Teams, and other meeting provisions as needed. Arrange for catering as required. Prepare and send meeting announcements and agendas; contact attendees for confirmation; arrange for building passes; and escort guests. Assist with post-meeting follow up, including restoring conference rooms to previous good order. Schedule and manage travel arrangements. Serve as staff liaison to keep schedules on track. Create and maintain files. Work with appropriate staff in determining and delivering pre-meeting briefings and supporting documentation.
- WHAT: Manage daily communications for CFO.
HOW: Draft correspondence. Manage incoming email request for meeting and coordinate direct communications as needed, based on judgment and discretion, and resolves case requests in a timely manner. Engage other staff as needed to answer relevant questions and resolve issues.
- WHAT: Project and Special Engagement Management.
HOW: Coordinate external engagements for the CFO, including assisting in the drafting of remarks and the production of support materials such as slides and videos. Assist in the development and coordination of special project timelines. Track and maintain project timelines, data and activities. Initiate follow-up activities to ensure timely completion of projects.
- WHAT: Other responsibilities as needed, including serving as intra-Division liaison.
HOW: Examples of liaison responsibilities may include acting as primary contact for particular teams addressing inquiries from internal and external customers; overseeing the greeting of visitors, delivering materials or refreshments as needed for meetings; working on organization-wide events and efforts. Update UWMB Planning Calendar for committee meetings and other events within the Finance scope.
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and their staff.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 5 years experience providing administrative support at the executive level with a proven track record, or 5 years of project management.
- Professional manner, with sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to compose proper business correspondence, meeting minutes and other materials.
- Ability to initiate tasks, be creative in problem-solving and very diplomatic in personal and phone communication.
- Proven follow-up skills to ensure successful and timely completion of projects.
- Ability to manage details, anticipate needs and maintain high standards of excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. PowerPoint expertise is critical.
- Computer testing may be required of finalist to confirm skill level and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; including PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team and support multiple staff members as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn and become "part of the team".
- Ability to work across multiple divisions ensuring that the organization's goals and interests remain paramount.
- Proven ability to take initiative, be resourceful, and be willing to take direction.
- Ability to work in a fast paced highly interactive environment.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to the mission of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley.
- All employees are required to either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or be subject to COVID-19 testing.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of our communities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.