Executive Assistant – Chief Impact Officer
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Executive Assistant will provide oversight for the administrative details of the Impact team and the Chief Impact Officer, including calendar and workload management. Professional and regular interaction with external donors, corporate leaders and volunteers is essential, as well as managing internal relationships.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Schedule appointments and manage the Chief Impact Officer's (CIO) schedule, including daily meeting preparation and follow-up.
• Support the management and prioritization of CIO email, including flagging important items and responding to simple requests.
• Coordinate and communicate travel for CIO including flights, hotels, registrations and other transportation.
• Responsible for review, creation and submission of expense reports within established timelines.
• Manage the workload required for CIO to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work projects.
• Review and approve credit card and purchases of the CIO and Community Impact Department.
• Monitor and follow-up on administrative details for the CIO including signature review and time sheets.
• Proofread letters, documents and other materials as requested per UWCI standards.
• Reconciliation of invoices, invoice processing and payment in coordination with finance/accounts payable.
• Support the coordination of Impact team meetings, materials, track RSVPs and logistics along with other internal meetings.
• Draft correspondence and minutes for the CIO. Arrange meetings for assigned committees
including providing for rooms, nametags, meals/refreshments, registration, notices and materials.
• Maintain shared Impact files in SharePoint and Teams.
• Develop and manage Impact team onboarding.
• Troubleshoot and field general requests from team members.
• Serve as a thought partner. Create space for flexible and innovative solutions.
• Provide customer service in a courteous and professional manner including, greeting and directing visitors, taking and delivering phone or visitor messages and providing information or routing call to appropriate staff.
• Prioritize and organize diversified workload and assignments while exercising sound judgement
• Recommend changes in current office practices and procedures to increase efficiency.
• Conserve executive's time by appropriately reading, researching and routing both routine and confidential correspondence.
• Act as primary point of contact between executive and internal/external clients.
• Maintain a confidential and professional manner always.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, be able to develop relationships across the organization, have attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred with/or at least five years of progressive experience working in an executive support environment. Must be computer proficient and detail oriented, with particular attention to Outlook and calendar etiquette. Effective time management skills are essential with the ability to multi-task with a team approach. Must be able to meet weekly processing deadlines. Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Chief Impact Officer
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary Range: Market
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/team
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.