POSITION: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
UWW CODE: 122
DATE: October 2, 2019
OBJECTIVE: Indiana United Ways (IUW) is a statewide organization that helps local United Ways to thrive. With more than 50 members and a staff of 25, we are seeking an Executive Assistant to help make our vibrant organization function smoothly as we support United Ways, who fight for the health, education and financial stability of every individual in every community. This critical backbone position efficiently and effectively carries out the executive and office functions, while providing exemplary customer service within our dynamic and supportive organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties require anticipating needs, planning, organizing, and performing a variety of duties applying a wide range of procedures and rules. Requires attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, reliability, timeliness, alertness, and use of judgment keeping the overall work flow professional and moving forward. Also requires writing ability, creativity, and concentration. Access to and use of confidential data where discretion/sensitivity is of utmost importance. Specifics include:
- Executive & Board Support: Provide support to the President/CEO, and other executive staff as requested.
- Works closely with President/CEO on simple and complex projects.
- Directly works with President/CEO to coordinate and arrange her meetings, travel logistics, prepare agendas and materials, transcribe meetings notes, and manage meeting wrap up tasks.
- Monitoring President/CEO’s email and follow up with matters as requested that can be addressed with minimal President/CEO involvement.
- Manage President/CEO reports to include monthly expense and credit card.
- Manage the Board of Directors meetings to include meeting logistics, pre-read materials, scribing minutes, follow up materials, and filing official documents.
- As needed, coordinates executive schedules and travel arrangements.
- Facility & Hospitality Management: Foster and maintain an organized and professional office environment that features exceptional customer service.
- Oversee and ensure that the office ambiance and amenities are welcoming, clean and safe portraying a hospitable essence.
- Provide “best in class” customer service to all incoming callers and walk-in traffic directing to appropriate staff and/or function.
- Manage all internal and external meeting logistics to include: venue location, meals, room setup and takedown.
- Order and maintain supplies in an orderly and "just in time" manner to include bulk items, postage, copier and general materials.
- Lead contact with building management for general maintenance, repairs and other pertinent communications.
- Approve invoices for payment and submit to accounting.
- Support and lead other IUW activities as assigned. No direct staff supervisory duties.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and high degree of confidentiality.
- Needs to exercise judgment regarding accurate setting of appointments, forwarding phone calls, interrupting meetings.
- Moderate level of decision making and creativity skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPEREINCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 - 5+ years of executive administrative experience and/or project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team-based environment and build and maintain relationships across diverse staff, board, and members.
- Strong customer service experience: proactive approach, delighting the customer.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with warmth and humor. High level of prioritization and organization skills.
- Heightened ability to discern and execute independent judgement. Problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication and experience preparing meeting minutes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications to include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel and able to execute at an intermediate or above level. Salesforce and Adobe Creative Suite experience helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Moderate level of mental and/or visual fatigue and/or eyestrain may result from looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time and moderate office noise level.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Moderate level of stress caused from tight deadlines.
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours.
- Periodic travel, access to own transportation, and valid driver's license are required.
All IUW employees embrace and demonstrate the following:
- Integrity by being accountable for actions, keeping commitments, and speaking honestly and truthfully with others
- A continuous improvement work ethic
- A commitment to individual and team-based assignments
- Quality assurance by producing accurate and thorough work
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with others
- Valuing the diversity of others’ opinions and experiences
- Sound reasoning and good common sense
- The ability to meet and exceed customer expectations
- A willingness to develop self, team members, volunteers and members
- Active participation in departmental, team, and full-staff meetings
Please include a resume and cover letter. Applications may be submitted at https://careers.unitedway.org/jobs.