United Way of Brevard, Florida (UWB) was established in 1957 by a group of concerned individuals who wanted to help those who were in need. Our work focuses on the building blocks of a good life – Education, Income and Health. Our community wins when kids succeed in school, adults can secure a good job, manage their finances, and provide a healthy environment for their families. Together, the contributions of thousands of individual donors become a force for change in the community.
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the President and other senior staff.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for senior staff.
- Arrange travel and related accommodations for executives and others as assigned.
- Schedule and attend meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receive incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, review contents, determine importance, and summarize and/or distribute contents to appropriate staff.
- Perform office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Environment, Physical Activity, and Mental Demands
- The environment for this position is an open office that is clean and comfortable. The position is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he/she is free to move about at will and may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. This position will have prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The individual in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 15 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, and reaching.
- The individual in this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, beeper, copy, fax machines, calculator, typewriter, personal computer, related printers, and related office equipment.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of four years of related experience required.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to himself or herself or others.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact.
- Able to build trust in United Way and its relevance in the community.
- Values the network and strives to leverage United Way’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
- Understand community trends and human service issues.
- Ability to build relationships with different types of people, including clients, organization members, and providers.
United Way of Brevard is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, a learning environment, and employee benefits to include health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and a retirement plan. Please apply online or submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
ABOUT BREVARD COUNTY FLORIDA
Brevard County, Florida, also known as Florida’s Space Coast, is a groundbreaking region along the east coast of the Sunshine State. Home to the world-famous launch pads of Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Brevard County’s rich history is built upon generations of high-tech talent, yet boasts a small-town community feel where members can truly make a difference. With an abundance of amenities for the right work-life balance, Florida’s Space Coast offers a unique lifestyle with tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, year-round outdoor recreation, and a family-friendly atmosphere. Even the world's most significant vacation playground is just a short ride, which means you can get annual passes for endless access to the thrills and off-season crowds at Orlando theme parks and attractions, all while enjoying the relaxed oceanside community that has sent man to the moon, and continues to launch advances for humankind. You can learn more about the endless lifestyle options found here, at www.LiveBigSpaceCoast.com.