Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources, and ideas.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a fundamental part of our mission and a focus throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
- Teamwork – We work together to accomplish our goals and help each other succeed.
- Innovation - We are fearless, imaginative trail blazers.
- Mission Focused- We are passionate about our community’s wellbeing and creating lasting change.
- Integrity – We are honest, transparent and act ethically to create trust.
- Excellence – We set clear, high expectations for ourselves and our work.
Purpose of Position:
The CEO and COO Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the President and CEO and COO, ensuring smooth daily operations and effective communication within the organization. The CEO and COO Assistant serves and supports United Way as the first point of contact for donors, partners, volunteers, vendors, team members, and other visitors. This position is responsible for executing operations of the reception area where guests arrive and facilitating internal and external communication on behalf of the CEO and COO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relationships, and oversees and implements special projects at the request of the CEO or COO. This role requires a combination of administrative and organizational skills, discretion, and the ability to handle complex tasks in a fast-paced environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a diversity of situations, with strong written skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Board of Directors
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the CEO, COO and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and schedule board of directors and board committee meetings, including the preparation and distribution of meeting materials.
- Facilitate communication between the CEO and COO and board members, ensuring timely and accurate dissemination of information.
Meeting Coordination (Board):
- Organize and prepare agendas, reports, special projects, and presentations for board of directors and committee meetings in collaboration with the CEO, COO, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Attend board of directors and board committee meetings, record minutes, and distribute meeting minutes to board members and executive leadership.
- Schedule, attend and prepare for board, committee and council member orientations.
- Conserve the Executive’s time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of reports and documents required for board governance.
- Maintain records of board resolutions, policies, and other governance-related documents.
- Maintain records of attendance, terms, and compliance documents and complete individual leader board documents and aggregated leader board document.
Board Member Relations:
- Cultivate positive relationships with board members, addressing their inquiries and requests promptly and professionally.
- Coordinate logistics for board member orientations, training sessions, retreats, and other related events.
- Collaborate with the CEO and COO in the development and execution of strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with the board's vision and objectives.
- Handle sensitive board-related information with the utmost confidentiality and discretion.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, and events for the CEO and COO.
- Manage the CEO and COO's calendars, ensuring optimal use of time and prioritizing important tasks.
- Prepare materials needed for meetings with support from CEO and COO.
- Screen and respond to emails, phone calls, and other forms of communication on behalf of the CEO and COO.
- Be responsive to emails, texts, and phone calls with contacts outside normal business hours as needed.
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Arrange travel, including flights, accommodations, and transportation.
- Prepare travel itineraries and ensure all arrangements align with the CEO and COO's preferences and schedule.
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials including presentations and reports, attend meetings, and take detailed notes.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, including room setup, catering, and audiovisual equipment.
- Organize and maintain files, records, and documentation in both physical and digital formats.
- Conduct research and compile information as needed for various projects.
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Handle general administrative tasks such as credit card expense coding and reporting, invoice processing, and supply management.
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and COO and other team members or external contacts.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information and company matters.
RECEPTION AREA AND MAIN PHONE LINE
- Create and maintain a welcoming reception area.
- Greet visitors and handle their questions and requests appropriately.
- Answer phone calls promptly and respond timely to phone and email inquiries.
- Contact staff to inform them of packages or guests and escort guests to offices or meeting rooms as needed.
- Associate’s degree and 2+ years proven experience as an executive assistant or in a similar role, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Extremely organized and superb attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in a role involving board relations or corporate governance is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with board members and executive leadership.
- Strong speaking skills; professional demeanor in communicating in person, email, or via phone.
- Passion for providing support for both peers and senior leadership.
- Professional work ethic and ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, meet concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, and work well as a dedicated member of a team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work outside regular business hours when necessary.
- Strong connection to United Way’s vision, values, and mission with a Positive Can-Do Attitude
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive Salary – Salary commensurate with education and experience based on current market
- Health Insurance – Generous zero to low-cost Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and dependents
- 403(b)/401(k) Matching – Generous matching up to 6% of annual pay
- Holidays – 11 paid holidays, two personal holidays, and four year-end bonus days
- Vacation – Two weeks paid vacation
- Vibrant Work Environment – office space in The Jessie in downtown Jacksonville, a nonprofit and community gathering space in a sustainable, state-of-the-art facility with free monthly parking
- Leadership – Lead United Way’s strategic direction as a member of the CEO and COO Team
- Purpose – Help United Way transform NEFL into a community of opportunity and hope for ALL people
- Employee Assistance Program
- A fun, challenging, and inclusive culture
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear.
Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
The attributes listed above represent our current thinking for the role. You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described below. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you - even if you’re on the fence - we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself! Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
We have built an environment that celebrates the differences in backgrounds and experiences. United Way invests in activities that lead to greater inclusion, diversity, and equity. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we especially encourage and invite members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.
Required degree level
- Associate Degree
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience