Talent Management (TM) Team
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents’ quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana’s team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Inclusion Courage Accountability Respect Excellence
At United Way of Central Indiana, we recognize that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Executive Assistant is the member of our team responsible for the overall coordination and logistics of talent onboarding, orientation, general TM duties and payroll processing; and is the executive assistant to the Chief Talent and Culture Officer (CTCO) and Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (VP DE&I). This role is critical to providing an overall positive team experience through service, trust and confidentiality, support and other activities and strategies.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Executive Assistant Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, update, and maintain regular monthly, quarterly, and annual reports including the monthly demographics report, dashboards, 90-day new employee and exit reports and others as directed by the CTCO, VP DE&I and Director of Talent Acquisition and Development (TA&D).
- Schedule appointments and manage the CTCO and VP DE&I calendars, including daily meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Coordinate travel for CTCO and VP DE&I including flights, hotels, registrations, and other transportation.
- General TM Team administration/support including signature review, expense reporting, department credit card reconciliations, TM invoice reconciliation/submission, mail processing, correspondence, telephone and guest management, presentation support, drafting correspondence/minutes, personnel file and other filing, time off requests for TM Team, etc.
- General all-team communications and administration including maintenance of TM SharePoint site content, internal communications, organization charts, team playbook and other policies, and logistics support for internal all-team meetings, events and activities, etc.
Talent Management Support Responsibilities, including acting as a back-up as needed:
Talent Acquisition & Development:
- Provide back-up assistance to the Director TA&D with the recruitment and onboarding process including but not limited to posting of open positions, scheduling interviews, launching background checks, references checks and assessments, offer letters, and conducting benefits training for new team members and other duties as assigned by the Director TA&D.
- Assist in the preparation, execution, and follow-up on all new team member orientation and onboarding.
- Serve as back up to maintain Equity Journey training list, send assessments, and schedule trainings for new hires.
- Serve as the administrator of Cornerstone for the Performance Management and Learning Management Modules. Includes assigning annual trainings and mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Providing back-up support to the payroll processing function as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or least four years of progressive experience working in an executive support role. Work experience will substitute for education requirements.
- At least six months of experience in payroll strongly preferred.
- Must be highly computer proficient with expertise in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Effective time management skills are essential with the ability to multi-task with a team approach.
- Must be able to meet weekly processing deadlines.
- Written, verbal and interpersonal skills are critical to success in this position.
United Way of Central Indiana’s team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Chief Talent & Culture Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
Salary Range: Market
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.