The Primary responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to provide administrative support to the President/CEO. Executes a variety of administrative tasks crucial to the efficient operation of the organization and handles critical and confidential details and data. Performs a variety of administrative assignments exercising independent judgement and initiative in support of the President/CEO. Works in a fast-paced team environment with strong organizational skills with a proven ability to respond to and complete strict deadlines. Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of United Way’s structure including policies and procedures as well as extensive secretarial function, knowledge, and ability.
Essential Job Functions
- Support and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the President/CEO.
- Execute a variety of administrative tasks crucial to the efficient operation of the organization.
Principals Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the President/CEO in all aspects of Board activity.
- Maintain complete files of all organizational minutes, legal documents, policies, rosters, information, organizational plans and reports required by the President/CEO or the Board.
- Maintain all files for President/CEO.
- Manage all aspects of presidential involvement in meetings, including supporting materials, taking and transcribing minutes of meetings, and meeting preparation as required.
- Keep staff and Board informed of meetings, agendas, and actions as required.
- Support professional and administrative staff as requested.
- Participate in sorting and distributing incoming mail and other materials and prepare for appropriate and timely responses by the President/CEO.
- Create and send letters, memos, emails or other documents by or for the President/CEO.
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits correspondence, reports and other materials for errors, punctuation, and format accuracy.
- Help plan all events or meetings of the President/CEO and ensure that all necessary support and arrangements are provided.
- Handles incoming phone calls.
- Screens calls and visitors according to President/CEO’s request.
- Assists in front desk duties.
- Stays abreast of impactful, local news and advises President/CEO.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years office experience.
- 2-3 years of experience supporting C-Level executives.
- Certified Administrative Professional (“CAP”) or Certified Professional Secretary (“CPS”)
- Strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of office practices and methods.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Ability to effectively prioritize daily responsibilities and job duties.
- Ability to remain organized and focused on tasks while working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrates a team player attitude and work well alone and with others.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of United Way of Southwest Louisiana’s policies and procedures.
- Must embody personal attributes of honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
- Personal computer and software packages including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Donation Tracker, etc.
- Calculator, facsimile machine, copier, telephone system, cell phone, and individual equipment.
Additional Requirements for Hire:
- Proof and maintenance of a valid driver's license.
- Proof and maintenance of vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a Louisiana State Police background check.
- Must pass a drug test.