We unite people to create change that lasts: We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies. We work every day to achieve our vision and mission by focusing on the three core building blocks of a strong, vibrant community: ensuring that all families have the resources and opportunities to lift themselves out of poverty; preparing children to enter school ready to learn and succeed; Inspiring and supporting youth to stay in school and realize positive options for the future.
STATUS: Internship - Unpaid - 2-4 days a week (January - May)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Events and engagement experiences are a means to deliver United Way's strategic message, increase community awareness, raise funds, cultivate, educate and recognize donors and other constituents, increase donor commitment to United Way, and provide staff with a platform for one to one engagement with donors and prospects. The Intern – Events supports the planning and timely execution of events and special experiences for donors and prospects, as well as onsite technology to manage guests and collect donations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Responsible for accurate and up-to-date data entry for all event-related lists and mailings. Must have the knowledge of Excel spreadsheet formatting and sorting in order to manage event databases and table assignments.
- Administrative duties which include but are not limited to preparing agendas, preparing meeting minutes, calendaring, and prepping for meetings.
- Maintain accuracy in producing nametags, tent cards, mailing labels, and other signage appropriate for the events.
- Assist onsite event set-up, registration, logistical support, and clean-up on day of events.
- Create E-communications and work with events team on creative elements.
- Work with Marketing and IT to collect, analyze, and report out post-event data.
- Provide support with storage, usage, and display of materials in office and onsite at events.
- Other assignments as requested by the Events Director and Manager – Events.
- Current College Student or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to 1-year office experience, prior event experience strongly preferred
- Candidates should have strong interest in furthering their experience in the event management field.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google mail systems preferred
- Resourcefulness, creativity, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to exercise sound judgment and work calmly under pressure required.
- Ability to establish priorities, balance demands of multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to be successful working with cross-functional teams and external volunteers and donors.
- Communication skills including, oral, written and listening skills
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the United Way of Mass Bay
- Nonprofit and working with volunteers experience preferred.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, Human Resources Coordinator, 51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617-624-9114. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.supportunitedway.org. United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.