United Way of King County is building a community where people have homes, students graduate and families are financially stable. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. If you’re passionate about supporting projects and using your organizational skills to provide administrative support to senior-level staff, the Executive Assistant position may be the right fit for you. The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Vice President, Development providing project management support, budget coordination, and training coordination in order to meet team goals and objectives.
- Provides administrative support to the VP, Development, handles correspondence, and tracks down requested items as needed to meet deadlines.
- Maintains calendars, provides supporting materials for individual meetings, tracks routine deliverables (monthly and quarterly data reporting), and produces compiled drafts of materials.
- Organizes and manages projects for the VP, Development and department directors. Maintains and develops office procedures and processes as necessary.
- Manages staff conferences, retreats, department meetings and trainings.
- Assists in budget preparation for Development’s cost centers.
- Manages expense reports and invoices for Development team.
- Supports the Fundraising Cabinet Committee, prepares meeting agendas, minutes and maintains membership rosters.
- Supports the calendaring and information flow for annual Campaign Chairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of administrative procedures and practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independence of action and sound judgment in administrative matters, and use discretion, tact, and courtesy
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, analyze essentials, and implement action for desired results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Advanced knowledge of grammatical composition and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle a broad scope of confidential and proprietary information
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse staff across teams in a collaborative, constructive and effective manner; strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft applications required
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, specializing in business, office administration, or related field is preferred. Three years’ office administrative experience is required, five years’ experience is preferred, preferably in Development or Sales environment. Budget preparation experience helpful.
The annual recruitment range is $54,000-$57,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. First review will be on June 27, 2019; don’t hesitate, please apply here today.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Working with diverse staff and other constituents
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.