UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL NEW MEXICO
Job Title: Event Planner
Department: Marketing/Communications Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Status: Non-Exempt Salary Classification: Level II
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Headquartered in Albuquerque, United Way of Central New Mexico (UWCNM) serves the people of five counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Santa Fe, Torrance, and Valencia. Its mission is connecting people to opportunities and services to equitably improve lives and strengthen communities. UWCNM brings together donors, businesses, nonprofits, government, and others to create better solutions to our community’s challenges. Our programs and donor dollars ensure that individuals and families in central New Mexico have the opportunity to achieve potential through education, that they are healthy and safe, are financially stable and live life with dignity. In addition, UWCNM has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and upholds the following values:
- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
- We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
- We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
- We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Coordinate and implement the special events of UWCNM and its Donor Groups.
Develop and Manage Events
- Develop a year-round calendar of all UWCNM events
- Create invites and manage distribution and RSVP tracking through online platforms
- Oversee all event planning:
- Help staff and volunteers to develop the event goal, purpose, audience, theme, date and location
- Develop, track and coordinate budget and timeline
- Coordinate and hire vendors, including venue, decorations, food & beverage, invitations, photography and media, as needed
- Help staff and volunteers develop program, agenda, entertainment, etc.
- Ensure events are represented on required or optional staff and volunteer calendars
- Coordinate volunteers and UWCNM staff participation for each event
- Work with the Corporate Relations team to properly acknowledge and promote all participating event sponsors and co-branders.
- Work with Marketing and Corporate Relations teams to design and produce support items, such as invitations, programs and signage
- Work with Corporate Relations team and volunteers to evaluate ROI on events for reporting and future event planning
- Responsible for overall event set-up and breakdown
- Manage special projects that require all UWCNM staff coordination
- Support other efforts in the Marketing Department with assistance in scheduling appointments, managing documents, producing internal materials, proofing collateral, etc.
- Assist with other marketing duties as assigned
- Provide the highest level of customer service to volunteers, donors and staff.
- Strong budget management skills
- Requires high level of organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work both independently and within a team. Must be highly organized to meet deadlines, yet flexible to meet changing needs and unexpected requests.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to plan and run effective meetings
- General attributes include ability to manage events, support volunteers and develop projects simultaneously, track results, respect diversity, offer strong self-motivation and positive attitude, a willingness to commit to the values of the organization and a desire to build community.
Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 3 years of experience in event planning. Must have proven experience as an events planner or organizer, portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events), excellent time management and communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects independently.
Attention to detail is critical in this position. Flexibility, independence, critical thinking and decision-making skills are required to succeed in this position. The position requires a commitment to working in team settings, an understanding of internal and external customers, including staff and volunteer management. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends to attend a variety of events and meetings. Must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license and have daily access to a dependable motor vehicle with insurance.
SALARY RANGE (FTE):
Hourly Rate of $23.35-$24.75 per hour (35-Hour Work Week)
Full-time employees (FTE) are eligible for health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending account and voluntary insurance programs. We offer a tuition reimbursement plan, volunteer time off, and generous leave time. Part-time employees may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Standard PC based office equipment.
Standard office environment. Position is primarily an office setting, requiring long periods of sitting at a desk and computer. The position requires the ability to lift 20 pounds unassisted, 40 pounds with assistance.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (or email if you have additionally questions) by Friday, October 14, 2022.
United Way of Central New Mexico is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.