Headquartered in Albuquerque, United Way of Central New Mexico (UWCNM) serves the people of four counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance, Valencia. Its mission is to bring people and resources together to measurably improves lives and strengthen our communities. UWCNM brings together donors, businesses, nonprofits, government, and others to create better solutions to our community’s challenges. Our programs and donor dollars ensure that individuals and families in Central New Mexico have the opportunity to achieve potential through education, that they are healthy and safe, are financially stable and live life with dignity.
Coordinate and implement the special events of UWCNM and its Affinity Groups.
Develop and Manage Events
- Lead, manage and coordinate all UWCNM events from overall strategy, marketing and management of event financials (including tracking of sponsorships; tactical coordination and production of events)
- Develop and implement standard UWCNM event process and organization wide strategy
- Create invites and manage distribution and RSVP tracking through CVENT and Constant Contact
- Oversee all event planning:
- Help staff and volunteers to develop the event goal, purpose, audience, theme, date and location
- Develop, track and coordinate budget and timeline
- Act as the point of contact for all event needs
- Coordinate and hire vendors, including venue, decorations, food & beverage, invitations, photography and media, as needed
- Help staff and volunteers develop program, agenda, entertainment, etc.
- Attend Donor Group Council meetings to represent upcoming events, when needed
- Coordinate volunteers and UWCNM staff participation for each event
- Properly acknowledge and promote all participating event sponsors and co-branders.
- Work with Marketing and Development teams to design and produce support items, such as programs and signage
- Work with Development team and volunteers to evaluate ROI on events for reporting and future event planning
- Responsible for overall event set-up and breakdown
- Manage special projects that require all UWCNM staff coordination
- Assist with other development and marketing duties as assigned
- Ability to provide the highest level of customer service to volunteers, donors and staff.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities; must remain calm while working under pressure and overcoming obstacles.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Requires high level of organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work both independently and within a team. Must be highly organized to meet deadlines, yet flexible to meet changing needs and unexpected requests.
- Strong communication skills, bot one-on-one and with large groups. Must be able to plan and run effective meetings, be proficient with presentations.
- General attributes include ability to manage events, support volunteers and develop projects simultaneously, track results, respect diversity, offer strong self-motivation and positive attitude, a willingness to commit to the values of the organization and a desire to build community.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, values, and goals of UWCNM.
Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of experience in event planning or five-years’ experience in event planning. Must have proven experience as an events planner or organizer, portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events), excellent time management and communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects independently.
Attention to detail is critical in this position. Flexibility, independence, critical thinking and decision-making skills are required to succeed in this position. The position requires a commitment to working in team settings, an understanding of internal and external customers, including staff and volunteer management. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends to attend a variety of events and meetings. Must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license and have daily access to a dependable motor vehicle with insurance.
Standard PC based office equipment.
Standard office environment. Position is primarily an office setting, requiring long periods of sitting at a desk and computer. The position requires the ability to lift 20 pounds unassisted, 40 pounds with assistance.
With 310+ days of annual sunshine, sweeping blue skies and an abundance of open space, Albuquerque’s backyard is a natural playground for adventurers of all types.
With four distinct seasons, New Mexico’s outdoor recreation opportunities include everything from skiing and snowboarding in the winter to kayaking in the summer.
Recognized as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country, Albuquerque’s ethnic tapestry is reflected in its architecture, artwork, cultural centers and cuisine. Due to its central location, Albuquerque provides easy access to a variety of cultural landmarks, most located within an hour’s drive.
Albuquerque is home to authentic New Mexican cuisine, of which chile (red or green) is the defining ingredient. For those that aren’t fans of spicy foods, the city’s restaurants run the gamut from comfort food to global fare and satisfy a diverse spectrum of tastes and styles.
New Mexico is packed with a variety of experiences, with everything from film tours and live music, to entertain even the most discernible of tastes. Take in Albuquerque nightlife, which is much like its daytime lifestyle—perfectly placed to enjoy natural surrounds, full of craft breweries, and overflowing with local artists.
With an official cuisine all our own, you can bet that we have food festivals...and wine festivals...and beer festivals to explore. Visitors love sampling the flavors of New Mexico through culinary events.
Due in part to its affordability, spectacular weather, and more than 20 museums, cultural centers and the ABQ BioPark offering an abundance of interactive learning opportunities, Albuquerque is consistently ranked at the top of family travel lists.
For more information or additional ideas, go to VisitABQ.org