MILE HIGH UNITED WAY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Evaluation Capacity Building Associate
Working side-by-side with the community, Mile High United Way takes on the biggest, most complex issues facing Metro Denver. Our united approach changes the odds for the children, families, and individuals in our community, and moves them out of poverty. We do this because we believe every child has the right to a safe and stimulating place to learn, and that when every youth in Metro Denver graduates prepared for a career or college, our community is stronger. We also know that when people don't have their most basic needs met, longer-term goals, like finding financial stability, are out of reach. And when we work together, we make a lasting, sustainable impact on our community.
This position will be responsible for building the capacity of internal and external programs around strategy, evaluation, and learning.
- Support the design, facilitation, and evaluation of trainings and strategic development sessions (related to evaluation and performance measurement) with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Design and lead capacity-building coaching sessions for MHUW nonprofit partners guiding organizations through their development by offering ongoing project management, product development, informal training, research on best or promising practices, thought-partnership, and support
- Coach nonprofit partners and Mile High United Way internal programs on topics related to program definition, measurement frameworks, selection of data collection tools, data collection tool implementation, data management systems, data interpretation, and data visualization/utilization.
- Lead or support internal capacity building operations including drafting scopes of work; tracking hours and progress to completion of scopes of work; development of communications/marketing products including website content, one-pagers, blog posts, and videos
- Facilitate internal teams to review data, build Theories of Change, program models, journey maps, and other strategy and evaluation tools
- Conduct ongoing research and analysis to help inform promising practices and development of evaluation strategies and tools to be used internally and in support of nonprofit partners
- Co-design and lead evaluation of Mile High United Way programs
- Co-design and implement community research projects to support Mile High United Way's initiative areas
- Lead presentations and other needed representation in the community to represent Mile High United Way and strengthen capacity building efforts
- Support Evaluation and Learning team business operations by managing external evaluator contracts; supporting grant writing efforts; coordinating the development of communications/marketing products including website content, one-pagers, blog posts, and videos; and providing weekly progress updates
- Provide literature and research reviews to inform understanding of specific community issues and programmatic opportunities
- Offer technical guidance and support on data collection tools and data management systems
- Represent Mile High United Way both at the work place and outside of the work place by attending local stakeholder meetings as required.
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, or related field experience preferred
- 3 years of related professional experience
- Solid communication skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities and tasks
- Experience facilitating group trainings
- Minimum 3 years' experience in evaluation design and methodology
- Minimum 3 years' experience with program management with a proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects and engaging diverse stakeholders. Strong attention to detail and the ability to support others in project planning
- Strong evaluative thinking skills related to strategic planning, intentional decision making, using information and research, and designing contingencies
- Experience facilitating large groups and providing technical assistance to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, set own goals and establish priorities in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with community partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate evaluation concepts and findings to a variety of audiences
- Experience with and ability to train, coach, and communicate with others about organizational development, evaluation and interpretation of data
- Strong organizational skills
- Good understanding of using data for decision making, supporting a learning culture, and promoting evaluation capacity internally and externally
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, receptivity to others' ideas and an established history of engaging in a collaborative approach are mandatory
- Problem solving with creativity and vision, ethics, a strong sense of accountability, courage, and the willingness to learn and teach others
- Spanish fluency (conversational and written) strongly preferred
In office with travel to local partners and meetings
TO APPLY - Please visit Mile High United Way Career Opportunties
*All applicants must submit a cover letter during the application process to be considered for this position*
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.