The ENTF Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support and coordination to the Kent County Essential Needs Task Force.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
• Provide administrative support to the various meetings and activities of ENTF membership; includes but not limited to scheduling, preparing meeting materials, recording meeting minutes, room set-up (as needed).
• Ensure follow-through with responsible parties for committee-recommended action steps.
• Provide coordination and communication support for ENTF committees and action teams.
• Identify and share timely issues and information for ENTF partners through multiple communication and social media platforms.
• Maintain up to date documents and pages on the ENTF website.
• Manage contact rosters and multiple communication lists.
• Facilitate connections and communications between partner organizations, as appropriate.
• Participate in relevant training and informational meetings for ENTF issue areas and disseminate information as appropriate.
• Track and process external invoices for ENTF team.
• Support communication across ENTF groups and other United Way departments.
• Provide research assistance on issues related to essential needs.
• Provide coverage of front desk on a rotational basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Advanced understanding of issues facing people in poverty and crises, with a commitment to assist individuals and families to achieve stability, health, wholeness, and independence.
• Knowledge of the social service and not-for-profit sector, preferred.
• Demonstrated skill and experience in coordinating multiple projects effectively within deadlines and with shifting priorities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Capacity to prioritize and accomplish complex tasks with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to translate highly technical meeting conversation into succinct and clear meeting minutes.
• Strong relationship-building skills.
• Moderate level of analytical skills.
• Ability to learn and utilize new technology to enhance job performance.
• Self-directed with ability to prioritize and integrate tasks into the whole.
• Manage meeting technology and logistics while listening to conversation, addressing questions, and taking notes.
• Technical skills with Microsoft office products, WordPress, Google Workspace, Mailchimp, and Zoom.
Minimum Salary Statement: All roles within HWMUW have pay ranges that commensurate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the successful candidate. The minimum hourly wage range for this position is $18.45.
About KENT COUNTY ESSENTIAL NEEDS TASK FORCE
The Kent County Essential Needs Task Force (ENTF) was formed in 1982 in response to the struggles that people living in Kent County residents were facing to meet their basic needs. ENTF focuses on system change with an emphasis on collective impact and the interconnectedness of all systems.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
We recognize that structural racism and other forms of oppression have contributed to persistent disparities in our community. At United Way, we pledge to not only denounce racism, but to oppose all forms of intersecting oppression, including sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, and every other form of systemic oppression.