The Engagement Director is responsible for driving key performance metrics at both the network and designated local Market levels with a specific United Way region, including progress on growth of donors, volunteers, and advocates. This individual is responsible for contributing to these metrics by coordinating UWW staff and activities necessary to strengthen relationships with critical United Way markets, so those markets grow in their capacity and ability to perform. This role will be the connection point between UWW and the LUW creating the opportunity to drive network strategies and enablement.
In order to drive these metrics, this role will be responsible for building relationships with and between United Ways in an identified region, understanding their individual and collective needs, co-creating individual and shared strategies and then deploying local, network, and UWW resources against these strategies. The Engagement Director will also be responsible for coordinating directly with the State Association Leaders in the identified region creating opportunities for greater collaboration and extending the reach of the work into the smaller markets. The core activities of this work will fall into two specific categories: 1) Relationship management with assigned individual United Way markets and state associations, including creation of strategic plans for individual market performance, and management of and deployment of performance improvement staff against those plans, and 2) Representing UWW in the region, to drive network goals and performance.
NOTE: This position is with United Way Worldwide. Preference for candidates who live in Wash., DC or New York; however, other areas in region may be considered.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Duties of Position:
- Provide world class customer service relationship management to local United Ways (CEO, staff, and Board members).
- Refine, implement, and manage formal partnerships and collaborations across local United Ways in the region.
- Identify organizational performance improvement opportunities within assigned markets.
- Perform site visits with targeted markets.
- Represent UWW at United Way gatherings and events.
- Use CRM system to manage relationships and activities.
- Create and maintain account plans for the region
- Up to 50% travel
- Relationship management with assigned United Way markets
- Build relationships with key staff and board leaders in assigned United Way markets.
- Assess assets and needs of the United Way and build and deploy, in conjunction with content experts, trainings, programs, tools and UWW staff that help advance performance of individual United Ways.
- Work with state associations and other organized United Way groups to grow the region.
- Work with Talent Management to build on the talent pipeline with up and coming high performing talent in the region.
- Understand the revenue challenges and opportunities in each major market United Way and the region overall.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree or commensurate experiene with at least 10 years of progressive experience in a complex project management, relationship management, or consulting role. Additionally, this position requires a minimum of three to five years of experience as an executive team member or leader of a a local United Way. Other requirements:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of strategy design and execution
- Exceptional relationship-building skills at multiple levels within an organization
- Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- willingness to travel within the region to LUWs and to National and WW events outside of the region
- Experience with change management process and the United Way network experience is a plus.
- Natural curiosity and strong desire to grow and learn helpful
- Preference for candidates in Wash., DC or New york; however other areas may be considered.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE BEHAVIORS:
- Extend Your Reach: Test your limits and seek what’s beyond. Take a stand and see it through. Ask for a hand, and lend a hand. Define and embrace a sense of community.
- Forge Trust: Lead with goodwill. Communicate with candor. Clear the air. Roll with it and make it work–together.
- Find Common Ground: Walk in someone else’s shoes and have their back. Acknowledge and recognize great work. Appreciate our differences. Share your story.
- Believe: Set and stay the course. Know that your work matters. Know that others care, too. Live the mission.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if selected for an interview