Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way of Miami Dade is hiring for a Engagement Director to join our team. The ideal candidate provides leadership and director in the executive of signature fundraising and volunteer events. Must be detailed oriented; ability to prioritize; excellent written and oral communication skills; creativity. Strong management and development skills with the ability to manage large groups. Must possess customer service and public speaking abilities.
- Develops and updates annually External Affair’s special and volunteer event strategic program plan on the basis of organization’s budgeted funding requirements.
- Prepares outline master plan with all objectives as well as timeframe for every event; incorporates main organizational deadlines; and executes timely adjustments in programs as required to attain stated goals.
- Manages event design and oversees the logistics planning and execution of all flagship revenue generating events. Provides advice and guidance to other events that support United Way’s mission.
- Positions engagement initiatives and programs in a way that fulfills the community’s volunteering needs and that serves as vehicles of retaining and acquiring prospective donors.
- Upgrades on every aspect of event creation along with management; ensures to refresh events as required to remain attractive and maintain high level of participant experience.
- Oversees and provides leadership to the Engagement staff that conceptualize and execute events; supervises auction and program contractors; staffs board-level Engagement Committee, and manages event consultants.
- Works directly or indirectly with vendors, staff, and volunteers to find and secure locations, goods, and services needed for key volunteer/special events.
- Leads the efforts to expand VolunteerMiami.org as a platform by securing partnerships, recruiting volunteers, posting opportunities; and expanding agency users and attracting potential volunteer leaders.
- Responsible for preparing event budgets; tracking and reconciling budgets and following cost control measures to ensure that events executed within budget.
- Oversees communications with staff and volunteers pertaining to key volunteer/special events.
- Provides leadership needed to execute volunteer/special events – includes liaising with teammates to produce event promotional collaterals, communications assets, rsvp lists, media, scriptwriting, reports, etc.
- Ensures to stimulate activities including auctions to increase net revenue over preceding year.
- Develops weekly, monthly as well as yearly program performance reports for volunteer and key special events; provides personalized reports and updates to imperative event sponsors participating in events.
- Supports income-generating activities associated with events; seeks product donations with purpose to maximize net revenue from events.
- Responsible for working with internal partner to identify volunteer needs, testimonial speakers and success stories; and coordinates with communications team to capture and leverage stories.
Experience: 6 to 10 years’ experience in event design and management. Supervisory role experience 3 to 5 years.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations. Master’s degree preferred.
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000