United Way of King County works to build a community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability.
With our unwavering focus on racial justice for all, we hope to achieve racially equitable outcomes in King County and beyond. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and circumstances will help us more effectively accomplish our mission. We aim to a create a welcoming and inclusive work environment, and we also strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and join our team.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization, doing important work in our community, please consider applying for the Engagement Coordinator seasonal, full-time position at United Way of King County (UWKC). United Way of King County is seeking energetic and talented individuals to join a highly focused and successful Development Team for the 2022 Annual Campaign. Each year we hire Engagement Coordinators throughout King County to help raise money for health and human services.
The Engagement Coordinator provides fundraising strategies, volunteer support, and donor cultivation skills to assist local companies in running successful workplace campaigns. In partnership with UWKC staff, the Engagement Coordinator is responsible for supporting fundraising in an assigned account portfolio. Comprehensive training is provided upon hiring to ensure success in this position. Trainings will take place in person and online.
The Engagement Coordinator position provides an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. This is an opportunity to: develop and hone significant skills in sales, customer service, project management, and relationship building; gain valuable contacts and community knowledge; and be part of a positive and supportive team environment.
These positions are opened until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
Compensation and Hours
- Duration of Position: This is a 15-week commitment from September 12, 2022 to December 22, 2022, with some positions starting August 8, 2022 (for a 20-week commitment).
- Hours: Full Time/approx. 40 hours per week; must be able to work a semi-flexible schedule since companies sometimes have campaign sessions outside of typical business hours. You will receive pay for Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving (November 25 & 26).
- Salary: $800/week (Engagement Coordinators qualify for Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Time but are not eligible for other UWKC benefits).
- Excellent training and expense reimbursement.
- Attend mandatory orientation and ongoing training sessions.
- Implement workplace fundraising campaign strategies.
- Serve as a project manager on tasks and projects in portfolios assigned to you, representing United Way of King County.
- Educate company employees and volunteers on the value of giving to United Way to address health and human services issues, including the effects of racial inequities and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in our community.
- Fundraise and ask for employee and corporate contributions.
- Participate as part of the Engagement Coordinator team of professionals.
- Travel locally as needed for the role (a current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required).
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizing, and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, effective time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Virtual Presentations
- Demonstrated understanding of social and racial justice and equity, with a proven commitment to apply racial and economic justice lenses in both personal and workplace contexts.
- Lived experience and/or demonstrated professional skills working within a diverse work environment.
Education and / or Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Equivalent fundraising, development, and/or sales experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. UWKC values a racially diverse workplace and strongly encourages Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Please click here to apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position. Click here to access the Career Center to apply.***
United Way King County operates a hybrid workplace with all employees able to work a combination of remote, on-site, and off-site. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role.