EHS Food Service Worker
Title: Food Service Worker
Immediate Supervisor: Early Learning Center, Site Services Director
Basic Job Summary:
The Food Service Worker (FSW) is responsible for preparing and/or serving well-balanced and nutritious meals and snacks as specified under the Child Care Food Program of the United State Department of Agriculture, the Louisiana Child Care Class “A” Minimum Licensing Standards and the Head Start Performance Standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares and serves meals and snacks.
2. Receives and stores all food and nutrition supplies.
3. Ensures established sanitation and safety standards are maintained.
4. Maintains required records including food production, inventory, and meal counts in accordance to the Child and Adult Care Food Program requirements.
5. Interprets nutrient analysis of menus.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards policies and procedures.
7. Participate in staff meetings and attend all trainings as required.
8. Perform any other job related tasks deemed necessary.
Job Classification: Exempt
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Specialized training in food service management and nutrition with experience in quantity food service is desired. Must be able to provide a written statement of good health, to include a negative TB test result, signed by a physician dated within three months prior to offer of employment or within one month after date of employment. Must be able to provide documentation of a satisfactory criminal record check prior to offer of employment. Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance as required by Louisiana Law.
1. Knowledge of food safety and an understanding of child nutrition needs or requirements.
2. Considerable knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirement and procedures.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
4. Ability to empathize and connect with aspirations of parents.
5. Knowledge in infant/toddler/pre-k child development and principles of child health, safety, and nutrition.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Problem-solving skills.
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience