Position Summary: With the goal of increasing the number of youth in the region who are connected to college and career pipelines, the Education Unit oversees the region’s funding, community leadership, and education initiatives designed to strengthen networks of programs and supports for older youth.
The Education Manager will be responsible for: managing the collection, analysis and reporting of data related to agency funding and education initiatives; providing technical expertise related to outcomes measurement in order to increase impact and efficiency youth programs in the region. This position has direct impact on the department’s reputation among customers, sponsors and other clients, as well as impacts the financial and operational performance of the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage education strategies and initiatives
• Manage the collection, analyses, and reporting of data related to agency funding and education initiatives
• Develop operating plans and strategies for the group managed that integrate into the departmental operating plan
• Organize to effectively utilize resources to optimize performance and meet established goals
• Prepare and monitor program budgets
• Draft correspondence and reports regarding program activities
• Assist with the development and implementation of strategic planning for
Education and Impact work
Administrative Responsibilities/ People Management (When Applicable):
• Responsible for organizing, selecting, developing, leading, identifying, coaching, mentoring and directing subordinate staff and managing their performance through a variety of mechanisms
• Project future staffing needs to ensure the continued viability of the work
• Represent department with outside entities as appropriate
• Ensure that group activities are integrated with those of other departments within and outside the organization and that client needs are met
• Manage customer and client relationships, and resolve conflicts by optimally allocating available resources
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required. Graduate degree in relevant field preferred.
• Minimum of 2-4 years experience in a related field.
• Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to effectively manage, organize and prioritize projects and workload with attention to detail and strong follow-through.
• Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of people, and to constructively give and receive feedback.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function in a fast-paced environment.
• Trained in Trauma-Informed Care preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Office skills and experience required.
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
• Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework.
Applicants as well as employees who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations to email@example.com and note: Education Manager in the subject line.