The United Way of Central Arkansas (UWCA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Central Arkansas residents and families. With a history that spans over 60 years and programs that tackle the issues of education, health, and financial stability from every angle, UWCA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community towards solutions for our residents.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
In coordination with the Executive Director and in collaboration with United Way staff, specific VISTA responsibilities include: (1) Program Assessment - evaluating the effectiveness of the individual programs as well as the collective portfolio of programs. (2) Service Mapping -identifying geographical service gaps. (3) Research -identify best practices and make recommendations for improved program effectiveness. (4) Volunteer Recruitment - ensure programs have access to volunteers to expand and sustain programming. (5) Outreach -help, plan, execute and support volunteer recruitment for two episodic volunteer events that create a greater awareness in the community about the struggles of people living in poverty.
Desirable, But Not Required
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.