The Donor Service Specialist, Data Support reports to the Director of Donor Services. The Donor Services department within the Finance department is a comprehensive team that manages the donor experience from their interaction with United Way in the donation process. The overall goal of the Donor Services department is to support United Way donors with best-in-class customer service while engaging with United Way of Greater Atlanta.
This position will focus on processing the ingestion of donor data from multiple systems into our main donor database including retrieval of data, reviewing, formatting, and validating files while maintaining database standards. The Data Support Specialist will work closely with the Office of Development department to ensure data is received in the correct format and with Information Technology personnel to ensure data needs are communicated and addressed. Moreover, this position will be responsible for providing reports and dashboards to internal and external stakeholders highlighting donation results. The specialist will also assist with customized configuration of the digital giving platforms.
- Manipulate data files from various systems into a centralized database and research errors or inconsistencies
- Perform mass data imports for data creation that align with data quality standards
- Generate and edit detailed donation reports and dashboards for internal and external clients
- Collaborate with team members to gather accurate donation data in a timely manner
- Automate and transition daily reporting activities into low effort, reusable reports
- Aid with the configuration of the digital giving platforms and ensuring correct nonprofit agencies are displayed
- Assist and execute database changes including merging duplicated records, new account creation, user access, and structure.
- Document and maintain standard operating processes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Expectations
This role requires a blend of analytical skills and the ability to learn new systems with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse team.
- Undergraduate degree preferred and/or career-related experience required
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge in Microsoft PowerBi, preferred
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in data management a plus
- Ability to learn new technology systems and apply new skills to problem-solving
- Strong organizational skills, information management, time management and follow-through
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fluid and fast-changing environment
- Ability to meet, work, and collaborate with other departments
- Customer service experience a plus
- Ability to work with confidential matters
A successful individual in this role will be:
- An excellent communicator with strong listening skills
- Resourceful, creative problem-solver with attention to detail
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Organized and goal oriented
- A strong collaborator and comfortable with working in a highly dynamic environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to relate with a diverse team. Ability to work in harmony with peers and as an active team member.