The primary responsibilities of the Donor Services Manager include managing the processing of all grant and campaign revenue and receivables. Primary responsibilities also include communication with donors, agencies, and company representatives regarding payments and pledges. Additionally, this position is responsible for the processing of designation payouts, and the preparation of related reports for support to the annual audit, meetings, and requirements of United Way Worldwide.
Essential DUTIES & Responsibilities
- Supervises Donor Services Associate and temporary campaign processing employees
- Acts as quality controls for accounts receivable process
- Monitors pledge collections
- Communicates with donors, agencies, and company representatives regarding payments and pledges
- Attends UWM Resource Development staff meetings and serves as liaison between UWM Resource Development and Finance staff
- Assists with training of UWM Resource Development staff and Campaign Directors on campaign internal control procedures
- Processes annual tax substantiation letters
- Processes payment imports and assists with validation of pledge import files into StratusLive database
- Processes donor designation payouts and reports
- Maintains Agency Portal for UWM campaign results and payout payments
- Assists with maintaining up to date documentation of campaign processing procedures
- Assists with closing the books as needed to include journal entry preparation, reconciliations, and other duties
- Helps to prepare account analysis schedules and other input to support the annual audit
- Performs special analysis, reports, and any other tasks as assigned
Qualifications: Experience, knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Undergraduate degree or 3 years of related experience
- Ability to analyze and present data in a clear, concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office family of products including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent follow-through and customer service skills
- High level of personal initiative and ability to work with minimal oversight
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, finance or related business activities.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as it applies to not-for-profit organizations.
- Familiarity with MIP accounting software and StratusLive campaign management software.
- Experience in a similar position or in a United Way organization.