Service Term:08/16/2021 - 08/15/2022
08/30/2021 - 08/29/2022
The Donor Relationship Coordinator will focus on increasing United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra’s capabilities by securing monetary and in-kind resources for UWNNS programs and events.
Since 1942, United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra (UWNNS) strives to link the community’s will and resources to improve lives. Beginning in 2014, UWNNS identified a key need to improve early childhood literacy and focused their primary efforts to address it. Over half of northern Nevada’s children are reading below grade level and the state high school graduation rate is near the bottom nationally. For children living in poverty, the extent is worse. The VISTA member’s efforts will focus on acquiring resources as well as strengthening partnerships with donor organizations to enhance UWNNS’s capacity to implement early literacy focused programs on a larger scale.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives by participating in donor cultivation, donor information expansion, corporate and employee engagement, and communications strategies.
- Acquire and strengthen partnerships with organizations that collaborate with UWNNS.
- Create engagement initiatives and briefings to keep donor organizations up to date on UWNNS’s current efforts.
- Participate in and enhance UWNNS thank you strategic planning and processes.
- Enhance UWNNS monthly donor initiatives and processes.
- Foster emerging donor affinity groups to increase public involvement and awareness of UWNNS.
AmeriCorps VISTA :
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program through the Corporation for National and Community Service, which more information can be found here. VISTA members serve full time for a one-year service term and receive:
- Upon successful completion of service, choice of a Segal Education Award ($6,000.00 for education expenses) or an end of service cash stipend ($1,800.00).
- Modest living allowance of approximately $13,399.00
- If you are moving beyond 50 miles from your home of residence to the service location, a settling-in allowance of approximately $750 and a mileage-based relocation allowance.
- Upon successful completion of service, one year of Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal jobs.
- Health benefits during service.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications, writing, or business.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and willing to undergo a background check.