11/08/2021 - 11/07/2022
Help northern Nevada's children read! The Donor Relationship Coordinator will focus on increasing United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra’s (UWNNS) capabilities by securing monetary and in-kind resources for UWNNS programs and events. Beginning in 2014, UWNNS identified a key need to improve early childhood literacy and focused their primary efforts to address it.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives by participating in donor cultivation, donor information expansion, corporate and employee engagement, and communications strategies.
- Acquire and strengthen partnerships with organizations that collaborate with UWNNS.
- Create engagement initiatives and briefings to keep donor organizations up to date on UWNNS’s current efforts.
- Participate in and enhance UWNNS thank you strategic planning and processes.
- Enhance UWNNS monthly donor initiatives and processes.
- Foster emerging donor affinity groups to increase public involvement and awareness of UWNNS.
AmeriCorps VISTA :
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program through the Corporation for National and Community Service, which more information can be found here. VISTA members serve full time for a one-year service term and receive:
- Upon successful completion of service, choice of a Segal Education Award ($6,345.00 for education expenses) or an end of service cash stipend ($1,800.00).
- Modest living allowance of approximately $15,001.00
- If you are moving beyond 50 miles from your home of residence to the service location, a settling-in allowance of approximately $750 and a mileage-based relocation allowance.
- Upon successful completion of service, one year of Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal jobs.
- Health benefits during service.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Preferred: Degree in a field related to communications, writing, or business.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and willing to undergo a background check.