We have a career opportunity for a Donor Relations Officer who is responsible for qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting a large number of research-rated prospective donors who potentially care about the mission and priorities of United Way of King County. This position will be responsible for completing discovery meetings and soliciting gifts with current and prospective major gift donors, as well as soliciting gifts, and will spend a significant amount of time meeting with potential donors face-to-face, on the phone, or through emails. The Donor Relations Officer is responsible for developing a fundraising strategy for potential and current donors and for executing this while coordinating with a wide range of colleagues and volunteers.
- Proactively reaches out to qualify leads through cold calls and other communications making 18-20 substantial contacts per month and an average of 3 to 5 face-to-face visits per week. Solicits individual prospective donors when appropriate and, in partnership with colleagues, qualifies major gift prospects to proactively cultivate future gifts.
- Takes a lead role in staffing the Pipeline Plan that moves a donor from giving $5,000 to $10,000 using the Step Towards Champion multi-year gift strategy as needed.
- Qualifies new leads for major gift prospects ($10,000+) and planned gifts. Works in partnership with Director of Major Gifts and Donor Relations Managers to build relationships, close gifts, and cultivate for future gifts.
- Primarily responsible for soliciting and closing gifts in the $5,000 to $10,000 range.
- Manages and coordinates the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio comprised of research-rated prospects. Develops and implements strategic steps to build relationships that will result in gifts in support of the organization’s priorities.
- Meets individually with donors to develop a donor-centric philanthropic relationship that leads to significant gifts to United Way of King County.
- Works with Director of Major Gifts and Major Gifts team to implement strategic engagement opportunities of all range of prospects.
- Captures significant relationship activities, financial projections, and donor information in Microsoft CRM, as it relates to the portfolio.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and excellent relationship-building skills, from discovery through closing gifts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships and actively contribute as a member of working teams to achieve results
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills - obtains, analyzes, and evaluates information effectively in the face of ambiguity and makes appropriate decisions based on relevant information and experience
- Donor focused - establishes, cultivates and stewards strong relationships to build and maintain lifelong partnerships and trust with United Way
- Committed team player with strong collaboration skills
- Effective planning and implementing skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor data base knowledge
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Fundraising, Sales, Business, or a related field. Must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in development. Experience with face-to-face donor solicitation and fundraising techniques or sales/marketing experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building is highly desired.
The annual recruitment range is at $ 61,500-65,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments.
Don’t hesitate, please apply at: http://www.uwkc.org/about/careers
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
Exciting and challenging work
Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful experience and performance
Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.