Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy, the Donor Relations Manager provides high-level donor relationship management and customer service. This position is responsible for implementing and coordinating an organization-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels, increasing donor acquisition and decreasing donor attrition.
A high degree of self-direction and initiative is required to be successful in this role. All United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) programs and strategies work toward eliminating racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities for an educated, thriving, and equitable community.
Salary Range: $38,000 to $40,000
- Work with the Vice President of Philanthropy and Director of Leadership giving to segment, prospect, cultivate, solicit and grow leadership and major gifts to United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA).
- Provide support to grow the number of leadership givers ($1,000 - $9,999) and increase investment to UWTSA by current members.
- Successfully manage the Young Leaders United Affinity Group to grow their membership numbers and increase fundraising dollars to UWTSA.
- Implement a systematic and integrated donor relations program that includes written acknowledgements and donor recognition experiences.
- Establish and manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications, and continued cultivation of past and current major donors to enhance their relationship with UWTSA and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Execute acknowledgment and recognition strategies for Leadership Giving accounts, affinity groups, and volunteers.
- At scheduled intervals, prepare letters by collaborating with Senior Director, Leadership Giving and Marketing department on appropriate messaging, including generate and mail correspondence and track and analyze responses.
- Support Leadership Giving through extensive research of new and prospective donors.
- Support Leadership Giving accounts and events as requested.
- Assist is stewarding successful business/personal relationships with key donors.
- Support Leadership Giving development of partnerships between accounts and UWTSA that result in increased participation in Community Development initiatives including Cradle to Career, Financial Wellness and End of Life Care Partnership.
- Provide excellent customer/donor service, ensuring requests for information from internal staff, donors, volunteers and others are responded to in a positive and timely manner.
- Become proficient at CRM database, with ability to manipulate data and create reports and mailing lists.
- Recording all funding obtained through various grants in our donor database.
- Effectively present information to team and external customers.
- Create, modify and maintain routine and special letters, newsletters, memos and reports using word processing, database, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Prioritize responsibilities and assignments and complete timely reporting.
- Performs duties in accordance with United Way policies and procedures such as attending staff meetings, completing accruing and timely timesheets and expense reports.
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Social Services, Project Management, or closely related field.
- Two or more years of experience in direct customer service and project management.
- Experience and success in managing relationships and securing support from accounts and individuals.
- Desire and ability to work in team-oriented work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills including CRM, Windows-based software (Word and Excel), e-mail and calendar, and presentation software.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM software a plus.
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentially and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule and adjust it as required by changing activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to a reliable vehicle and able to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.