United Way of Greater Charlottesville is seeking a Donor Relations Manager to maintain and update the donor database, tracking donations and donor contact information and ensure that all gifts are acknowledged and receipted in a timely manner. The Donor Relations Manager generates mailing lists and runs reports as needed. Additionally, the Donor Relations Manager tracks designations to various internal programs and external agencies and pays out designations to agencies quarterly. This position supports the following campaigns: United Way, Direct Services, Endowment, Special Events, Santa Fund, and Women United. The position will work closely with the Vice President for Community Engagement, with support from the Vice President and Finance Director and Development Director.
- Deposit cash and checks.
- Check for online donations and monthly payments; manage monthly credit card donations
- Post gifts and payments in Andar database
- Maintain and update current donor contact information
- Generate gift acknowledgements and/or receipts
- Process donor statements/invoices
- Process year-end tax statements
- Check with USPS quarterly for mailing address changes
- Check obituaries for donors who are deceased
- Set up and track registrations and RSVPs for events in Andar
- Process sponsorships
- Generate name tags and event attendance reports
- Generate gift acknowledgements and/or tax receipts for sponsors
- Support events as needed
Reporting and Mailings
- Generate mailing lists and email lists; print mailing labels
- Process Bulk mailings
- Generate campaign, designation, donor giving history, and finance reports, regularly as requested by leadership team
- Maintain Roster of each Giving Circle donors
- Verify eligibility of designated agencies
- Notify agencies of their designations and donors
- Process quarterly disbursements to agencies
- Prepare monthly accounts payable, including processing all invoices for payment
- Prepare monthly VISA statements, including reconciling individual receipts
- Prepare monthly Andar account reconciliation
- Assist with Audit preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Advanced skills with donor databases, Andar preferred, and Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, outside contacts and donors
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm
- Must maintain confidentiality
United Way of Greater Charlottesville is a completely local and autonomous organization founded in 1943. United Way envisions a strong, equitable community where every person thrives connects our community, enabling individuals and families to achieve their potential. We provide direct services and grants to nonprofit agencies to support quality programs in our Impact Areas of Financial Stability, School Readiness, and Connected Community. We serve the Virginia counties of Albemarle, Nelson, Fluvanna, Greene, and Louisa, and the City of Charlottesville.
Whatever the challenge, United Way of Greater Charlottesville brings people together around one "community table" to listen, to learn, to understand and to problem-solve.
United Way invites all people to come together around our "community table" to build common ground, support and shared community. We hope you will consider joining our table and being a part of a mission-driven team standing united for community good.