Monadnock United Way (MUW) is seeking a professional, energetic fundraiser to join a team of professionals who want to make a difference in our community. MUW raises between one and two million dollars annually and harnesses the caring power of our community to address this region’s most pressing needs for Children, Education and Financial Stability.
Working closely with staff, board and volunteers, the Donor Relations Manager raises funding support through our year-long annual campaign, which includes workplace giving; corporate and philanthropic support; and individual donations.
The Manager is responsible for inspiring giving: managing workplace campaigns and a donor portfolio with emphasis on building relationships, increasing donors and increasing gift levels. This outward facing, results-oriented role requires a fundraising professional who is organized, outgoing and passionate about engaging community and collaborating to achieve annual fundraising goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Resource Development and Community Relations, the Donor Relations Manager will create an annual workplan that aligns with MUW’s strategic direction and annual goals. Duties and responsibilities aimed at achieving annual fundraising goals include:
- Cultivation and stewardship of a defined portfolio of individuals, businesses and philanthropic supporters & prospects, with 50% of time spent personally engaging with these stakeholders.
- Management, stewardship, oversight, tracking and reporting of workplace giving campaigns.
- Public speaking at campaign sites, donor events, community events, and radio.
- Recruitment, training and relationship management of a core group of fundraising volunteers to assist in specialized fundraising efforts.
- Development and management of appeals, both mailed and online.
- Development and management of donor events, giving circles, and special fundraising events such as Giving Tuesday.
- Analyze and report on project progress – showing overall giving and engagement.
Collaboration is a foundational Value at MUW (see below); externally and internally. With a small-but-mighty team, MUW staff collaborates across all roles to ensure that fundraising and community impact initiatives are successful and benefit people and communities across the Monadnock Region. A successful Donor Relations Manager will work alongside fellow team members to:
- Implement stewardship and recognition programs to increase giving levels and loyalty, including gift acknowledgements, newsletters, surveys, donor appreciation, and appeals.
- Conceptualize and personalize campaign materials, including success stories, videos, ads, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Develop and submit grants and specialized funding requests.
- Ensure accurate donor information and reporting to support fundraising efforts.
The Donor Relations Manager must model the competencies expected of all MUW staff:
- Mission Focused. Employee’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and overall community well-being. This drives employee performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented. Employee understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator. Employee understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results Driven. Employee is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward. Employee is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Role Model. Employee is a role model for shared leadership and advocates for collective impact principles and processes.
MUW Vision, Mission and Values
The Donor Relations Manager models and supports the values of the organization:
A United community where all are cared for and thriving.
Monadnock United Way is dedicated to improving lives by mobilizing diverse partners and investing in programs and people to create long-lasting, measurable change.
- Collaborative: We arrive as equal partners, committed to doing good, especially when it’s hard.
- Transparent: We are truthful and honest with ourselves and with the community.
- Sustainable: We choose paths that strengthen our community now and into the future.
- Respectful: We are considerate of others’ opinion, position, background, and experience.
- Trust: We center our relationships and actions on openness and honesty. It is the lens for all we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business, or other relevant field required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising or sales with proven track record.
- Relationship building and donor relationship building or comparable high level account management experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to attend meetings outside of normal work hours and to travel, if necessary.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and daily access to personal vehicle.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of standard office equipment (copier, fax, computer, telephone, etc.).
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods in a stationary position at a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
$55,000 - $62,000, full-time-equivalent at 37.5 hours per week with full benefits package.
In addition to a 7.5 hour workday, MUW’s full-time benefits package includes a hybrid work environment with flexible hours to honor work/life balance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, health insurance, retirement plan and disability insurance.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
MUW is committed to being a model of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to promote an inclusive culture where diversity is valued by everyone. Read our policy at: https://www.muw.org/diversity-equity-and-inclusion-policy . An Equal Opportunity Employer.