POSITION TITLE: Donor Relations Manager
ORGANIZATION: United Way of Marion County
REPORTS TO: Resource Development Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Responsible for supporting the Resource Development Director in implementing and executing the annual fundraising efforts including; working with volunteers, goal setting and workplace campaign management.
- Develop materials and conduct annual volunteer trainings, including the annual employee campaign coordinator training, to ensure best practice execution of workplace campaigns.
- Support the CEO visit process, including the development of the CEO packet, conducing visits, and working with volunteers to meet CEO visit goals.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new leads for workplace fundraising, corporate giving and sponsors in collaboration with volunteers and senior leadership.
- Represent the United Way in relevant community activities by attending community events and building relationships with individuals and businesses, specifically as it relates to improving the annual fundraising efforts.
- Provide leadership in the planning and execution of special events such as the Annual Meeting/Kick Off, Annual Appreciation Event, stewardship events and activities, and affinity group events. Duties can include planning the event, managing event logistics, and developing the content of the event.
- Provide leadership in developing and executing the organization’s donor stewardship efforts including, but not limited to, donor communication and relationship building efforts.
- Participate in resource development related meetings with volunteers and staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for developing an annual public relations plan in conjunction with the Resource Development Director for effective public information, and communication efforts to create year-round visibility and education for United Way
- Develop materials for annual fundraising, major gifts, planned giving, and other areas of United Way work as assigned.
- Develop concepts and copy for United Way publications (brochures, newsletters, ads, etc.) and cultivate media support for public service advertising in all areas of the organization.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the organization’s social media strategies and other electronic communications to build awareness and engagement for the United Way with constituents.
- Manage the PR Committee and work with volunteer leadership to execute PR strategies and objectives.
- Support the Resource Development Director with annual fundraising activities. Maintain frequent contact with other United Way staff and volunteers.
- Interact with community and business leaders to locate and follow up on new opportunities for revenue. Make contacts with other United Ways and United Way Worldwide. Find networking opportunities with small business owners, and other commercial contacts.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Public relations, marketing and non-profit fund-raising experience
- Outside sales or business to business experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, including making public presentations and the development of printed or electronic content
- Ability to establish relationships with potential donors
- Media relations
- Experience writing and managing social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills to maintain accurate records and confidentiality of account activities
- Skill in-tact and diplomacy when dealing with staff, volunteers, donors and the public
- Ability to work with volunteers and staff. Perform related duties as assigned with minimal supervision, handle multiple priorities and pay attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, graphic design products and advanced database skills)
**After hours work required from time to time
- BA or BS in business management, marketing, or public relations or equivalent experience preferred
- demonstrated ability in skills as outlined above