Title: Donor Relations Director (DRD)
Reports to: Director of Resource Development
United Way of Northern Utah Mission: We Unite people and organizations to build healthy,
stable and well-educated communities where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive.
Goal: More than a fundraiser, United Way of Northern Utah (United Way) creates opportunities for
people in our community to work together to improve the health, education, and financial stability of
every person. We move quickly to meet changing needs in our community and need strong team
members to assist with mission advancement. We are seeking a Donor Relations Director (DRD), in
this role you will design, develop, and implement our major gift program. You will be responsible for
cultivating and managing relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new
prospects. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is
This position is a member of the extraordinary Resource Development team, a group of individuals
who exemplify the perfect blend of hard work, success and shared culture. This team is defined by
their unwavering dedication to the UWNU mission. Each member of this remarkable team possesses
a committed, work ethic that consistently propels them towards their goals. Whether it’s organizing
events, working with corporate partners or cultivating relationships with potential donors, their shared
drive and values help them achieve success as a team. Their efforts translate into increased revenue
and resources for our organization, enabling UWNU to make a profound and lasting impact on the
lives of those we serve. Joining our team has great work/life balance and benefits.
1. Manage the identification, cultivation, acquisition and stewardship of a portfolio of new and
2. Build meaningful relationships with individual donors, volunteers, and advocates; cultivate the
desire to deepen their engagement.
3. Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with
4. Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor
database and wealth screening tools
5. Work with the development department to align efforts and set ambitious, measurable goals
6. Articulate the mission and vision of UWNU through individual conversations.
7. Create and implement moves management plans
8. Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation
(e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor
9. Promote planned giving opportunities
10. Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
11. Track and report progress using identified fundraising metrics
12. Identify trends and opportunities to maximize and secure revenue, increase donor loyalty, and
meet community impact objectives.
13. Respond to donors’ questions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
14. Understands and influences how digital technology and tools impact fundraising.
15. Other duties as assigned.
● United Way Worldwide mission, core values, and professional competencies
● UWNU’s mission, vision, values, purpose, objectives and roles
● UWNU service area (including assets, challenges,community demographics,
organizations, existing programs and services, etc.)
● An understanding of the various departments in United Way
● Non-profit fundraising and donor moves management process
● Public, private, and non-profit systems
● An understanding of the evolution of individual, organizational, and community
On the job training in fundraising and major gifts will be provided. We’re looking for a creative and
flexible person who thrives in an environment focused on interpersonal relationships. An ideal
candidate loves building authentic relationships with donors and is willing to boldly ask for support to
achieve United Way’s mission to ensure everyone has access to health, education, and financial
stability. This position is a hybrid remote/in office with a flexible schedule.
● Proficient knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
● Proficient knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, computer equipment,
and word process, spreadsheet, and database programs
● Skills in organizing one’s own time and workload in order to work effectively
● Skills in coordinating with others on complex assignments
● Ability to communicate effectively through interpersonal and written communication,
active listening, and presenting to varying audience
● Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions
● Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others
● Self-starter - requiring little to no supervision
● Ability managing and synthesizing information to plan, prioritize, and implement work
● Ability to establish, maintain, and develop strong working relationships
● Strong personal integrity, as well as professional demeanor
● Ability to frequently travel in Northern Utah and accommodate flexible scheduling
Wage: Starting at $50,000, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Location: Ogden, Utah
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits plan includes vacation, sick, holidays, health, dental,
vision, and life and an organization-matched 403(b) plan of up to 10% after one year.
How to apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Melissa Kloz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: July 20, 2023