The Donor Engagement Officer supports and advances United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra’s mission (UWNNS) to link the community’s will and resources to improve lives. This position is primarily responsible for fundraising growth through UWNNS annual workplace campaign efforts through relationship management, new business development, and corporate volunteer engagement opportunities. The position actively engages companies and organization to reach revenue goals, to engage the community in United Way’s work, and to create a consistent, positive experience for donors and organizations at every touch point.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the annual workplace campaign’s management and execution of annual fundraising strategy.
- Work with UWNNS management team to develop the annual fundraising strategy that aligns with the overall UWNNS Strategic Plan.
- Assist and lead with additional strategies as requested: grant writing, sponsorship, major gift, donor segment strategies, etc.
- Lead and support UWNNS Campaign Cabinet volunteers
- Provide support and training to accounts to ensure the success of their annual workplace campaign.
- Develop and ensure appropriate recognition and engagement of workplace campaigns and donors through a stewardship and CRM strategy.
- Work with Finance and Operations staff to maintain Andar, ePledge, and other donor databases ensuring databases are accurate.
- Provide reports on progress of Annual Workplace campaigns including monthly progress reports, United Way World Wide request, etc.
- Attend special event fundraisers, public relations, and networking events on a regular basis.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective businesses and donors.
- Promote a culture of fundraising in the organization at the staff, Board, and volunteer level.
- Understand the full span of UWNNS Community Impact programming activities.
- Work in conjunction with the community impact and marketing staff to develop sellable products and provide a strong external community-building presence.
EDUCATION AND ENGAGEMENT
- Represent UWNNS in the community with various audiences, including current and potential corporate partners, educating about community impact (CI) of UWNNS; tie CI work to positive community results; promote the value of corporate engagement from within the community with UWNNS and its work.
- Communicate the organization’s mission, values, and goals.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively represents the UWNNS in the community by engaging and maintaining contacts with local organizations, businesses, and individuals.
- Communicate the organization’s mission, values, and donor engagement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented.
- Ability to work on many different types of tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Experience and skilled in public speaking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work well with others to accomplish the work of the organization.
- Knowledge of nonprofits including diverse fundraising strategies.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of group dynamics and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop donor relationships utilizing excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to verbally communicate UWNNS's mission to potential donors.
- Have a reliable vehicle; possess current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Willingness to attend national and regional conferences and workshops to develop skills and knowledge required for the position.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 3-5 years’ experience in nonprofit development and/or donor relations preferred
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
*Please include salary requirements in your cover letter when applying for the position.