Department: Communications & Donor Engagement
Reports To: VP, Communications & Donor Engagement
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-Time. Core hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Purpose of Position: To support the needs of the Communications & Donor Engagement Department staff and volunteers essential to the efficient operation of the department.
Provide administrative support to Communications & Donor Engagement Department
- Provide administrative support for Vice President of Communications & Donor Engagement and the department, volunteer committee meetings including all donor groups and Public Policy Committee. Assume responsibility for attendance, room reservations, refreshments, distributing agenda and supplemental documentation.
- Manage event registrations through United Way’s database system.
- Support the creation of high-profile donor recognition materials through database management.
- Communicate effectively on behalf of the Communications and Donor Engagement .Department with members of the staff and high-profile volunteers, donors, and community partners.
- Maintain an understanding of key messaging and current work of United Way and our donor groups.
- Develop and maintain files, records and other organizational documents as they relate to donor groups.
- Assist with creation of all donor group newsletters.
- Prepare specialized reports to track trends in respect to volunteer engagement, gains/losses in giving, lapsed donors, and other reports as determined to be necessary.
- Help identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage members of the staff, Board and Volunteers as appropriate.
- Help identify and implement opportunities for donor recognition, stewardship and appreciation.
Collaboration with Organizational staff
- Assist in establishing and implementing workflow priorities to increase efficiency in meeting departmental objectives and work quality.
- Serve as a member of the Database User Group for recommending system improvements.
- Assist in front desk coverage as back-up to the Receptionist.
- High school diploma with prior demonstrated administrative success, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years administrative experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience working with a database.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is minimal and would primarily be local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.