Department: Communications & Donor Engagement
Reports To: VP, Communications & Donor Engagement
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-Time. Core hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Purpose of Position: To support the needs of the Communications & Donor Engagement Department staff and volunteers essential to the efficient operation of the department.
Donor Network Management
- Develop annual goals and work-plans for LINC (Lead. Impact. Network. Change) Research donor segmentation and possible new segments to develop. LINC is for donors age 30 and under that elevate the community.
- Develop and manage solicitation, cultivation, stewardship and recognition efforts for LINC. members. Work in coordination with campaign managers in identifying top prospects within companies.
- Recruit volunteers for solicitation of corporate champions. Serve as Lead staff to support and coordinate all LINC. efforts.
- Work in collaboration with Communications & Donor Engagement Team and the Volunteer Center to coordinate exclusive volunteer opportunities for LINC. members.
- Manage LINC and donor segment networking and volunteer events that further the mission of United Way. Work closely with the Donor Engagement Team and the Volunteer Center to implement volunteer programs, and Special Events and Donor Engagement Manager to execute networking/stewardship events.
- Research innovative strategies for giving and marketing to build affinity and donor segments (Loyal Contributors) i.e., year-end messaging, etc.
- Support other donor groups including attending meetings and events and general administrative assistance as schedule permits.
Provide administrative support to Communications & Donor Engagement Department
- Provide administrative support for Vice President of Communications & Donor Engagement and the department, volunteer committee meetings including all donor groups and Public Policy Committee. Assume responsibility for attendance, room reservations, refreshments, distributing agenda and supplemental documentation.
- Provide support for special events/trainings both prior to the event and on-site. Detail support for reservations, attendance, invitations, flyers, etc.
Donor Engagement Coordination
- Create recognition programs for donors giving $250 or more.
- Assist with creation of all donor group newsletters.
- Prepare specialized reports to track trends in respect to volunteer engagement, gains/losses in giving, lapsed donors, and other reports as determined to be necessary.
Manage relationships with donors and prospects
- Work cross functionally with Marketing/Communications to produce materials and tools to communicate regularly with donors and supporters.
- Identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage members of the staff, Board and Volunteers as appropriate.
- Identify and implement opportunities for donor recognition, stewardship and appreciation.
- Ensure all gifts from LINC. members receive follow-up communications and recognition.
Collaboration with Organizational staff
- Assist in establishing and implementing workflow priorities to increase efficiency in meeting departmental objectives and work quality.
- Serve as a member of the Andar User Group for recommending system improvements.
- Assist in front desk coverage as back-up to the Receptionist.
- High school diploma with prior demonstrated administrative success, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years administrative experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience working with a database.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is minimal and would primarily be local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.