Position: Donor Development Coordinator
Accountability: Under supervision of the President of UWSC
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $48,000-$53,000
FTE (Full Time Equivalent): 1 FTE
Normal position hours to be determined by UWSC President. Flexibility is required due to nature of business. Schedule may be adjusted as needed to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Summary: We are looking for a resourceful and charismatic donor development coordinator to organize fundraisers and source donors to raise money for our nonprofit organization. The donor development coordinator is also responsible for maintaining and retaining existing donor relationships, facilitate workplace campaigns, coordinate fundraising events, and provide support to the President and Community Campaign Leadership Team.
To be successful as a development coordinator you must have excellent networking skills and experience with fundraising and event management. An efficient development coordinator can plan initiatives in advance and manage multiple tasks at once.
Donor Development Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Find new donors and maintain good relationships with existing donors.
• Coordinate data gathering and analysis for goal setting, projections, progress tracking and outcomes.
• Coordinate efforts to move donors up the “giving ladder” to higher leadership levels.
• Execute appeals and annual mailings created in partnership with UWSC President.
• In collaboration with UWSC President, coordinate resource development processes, including a master annual campaign plan and schedule.
• Develop, implement, and maintain innovative strategies for major gifts, planned giving, and fundraising events.
• Coordinate organizational goal achievement, proper accountability, and accurate reporting.
• Coordinate and provide logistical support for events and special projects.
• Assist President with implementation of year-round relationship and engagement plans for high-priority donors.
• Develop and execute lapsed and/or lapsing donor outreach plan.
• Participate in Speaking Engagements.
• Facilitate Marketing and Fundraising Committee meetings.
• Evaluate fundraising processes and procedures and make recommendations for improving effectiveness.
• Other duties as needed.
Donor Development Coordinator Requirements:
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience.
• Three to Five years relevant experience (grant making, community organizing, leadership, fundraising)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of nonprofit governance and administration
• Preferred experience with Donation Tracker or another donation centered CRM.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.