Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Purpose of Position:
This position supports the collection and management of data used to analyze business functions; the increase in customer satisfaction and retention; and the prevention of redundancies. It is an ambassador for data integrity and customer service that increases customer satisfaction and retention, and improves revenue potential. It coordinates productively with other employees, building ways to improve the quality and timeliness of work.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Monitor and analyze complex data ensuring collections meets organizational standards and stored data is easy to extract
- Monitor and analyze campaign pledge collections to insure accurate data and monthly reminder statements resulting in collections to the greatest extent possible including the coordination of donor contact when appropriate
- In conjunction with the Controller and Accountant, facilitate smooth pledge and payment processing with Accounting Specialists’ workloads. Insure implementation and adherence to processes and procedures that maintain proper division of duties, cash control, and accurate, timely financial activity is reported in computer systems for analysis and decision making
- Recommend data storage and collection changes and communicating data changes or refinements across the organization
- Contribute to the monthly close, insuring data is recorded and the sub-ledger is balanced between the 3rd and 5th working day each month
- Complete electronic pledge and payment uploads
- Collaborate on data extracts and uploads, including DSOG and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud information
- Track donor stock gifts for timely disposition and tax receipts
- Prepare donors’ tax receipts on request and coordinate annual receipting process with IT
- Assist Accounting Specialists’ work with the Agency Portal, compliance, disbursements and communications with agencies and donors
- Support data quality, including but not limited to review and removal of duplicate accounts and proactive monitor and reporting of Tocqueville and affinity group data
- Assist in the development, documentation, and communication of data quality standards, data collection methods and data maintenance processes and procedures
- Coordinate on-boarding of seasonal data entry employees with HR
- Direct the training and workflow of seasonal data entry employees
- Collaborate on the evaluation and implementation of new data elements to provide key insights into which data fields best support effective storage and extraction for analysis
- Support new software needs installation and testing
- Organize and maintain corporate permanent filing system and support departmental organization of electronic files
- Follow established internal controls and participate in on-going improvement process
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience / Position Requirements:
- Three years plus accounting experience demonstrating a clear understanding of all areas of bookkeeping and general ledger entries
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- General knowledge of relational data bases such as Microsoft Access and/or SQL and CRM
- Formal training in accounting and computer science fields strongly preferred
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically in the development of process improvements and policy enhancements
- Team player with demonstrated experience coordinating workflow and motivating people a plus
- Possesses the desire to get the job done with excellence
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize work and outline the steps necessary to complete a project and work in a team environment
- Flexibility to handle several on-going projects
- Ability to work well under pressure and to set and meet deadlines
- Experience with StratusLIVE CRM software or Microsoft Serenic Navigator a plus
- Non-profit background and knowledge of United Way policies and processes for campaign and financial reporting extremely helpful
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.