About United Way of Metropolitan Nashville
At United Way, we believe every person has the right to live, to learn and to thrive. That every dollar counts. And that even the smallest gestures can add up to big wins for our community.
We win by working together. By forging unlikely partnerships. By funding new solutions to old problems. By mobilizing resources and inspiring people to join the fight against our community’s most daunting challenges.
We are more than fundraisers. We are the game changers. The hand raisers. We are the conveners who are bringing together our businesses, our citizens, and our institutions in a way no single organization can do alone. We are leading the fight to bridge gaps and reach our neighbors who need help.
Because, united we win.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervises and leads day-to-day activities of all Account Managers. Sets strategy and implements activities associated with achievement of the overall goals, strategies and programs of the department. Works to increase resources available for partner agencies focusing first, on unrestricted giving and secondly, on total campaign. Provides systematic account management practices to fully develop and retain accounts. Actively solicits new fundraising opportunities both in and out of current accounts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Works aggressively to increase unrestricted campaign dollars
• Develops business plans for corporate accounts and individual account plans against assigned goal, including history, comparisons, and customized success plan for each account.
• Contributes to the production of campaign materials, marketing messages, advertising campaigns and any aspect of marketing that supports the goals of the Fundraising Department. Also, works closely with other UWMN departments to develop goals and strategies; ensures implementation of these goals and strategies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organizational vision, values business principles, and impact on the community through the OBI and community capacity building.
Supervision, Training and Development
• Promotes training and institutes best practices in sales and account management
• Provides leadership (including coaching, mentoring, supervision and training) to Account Managers to ensure the successful development and implementation of departmental goals and strategies; assists in supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Fundraising department. Coach Account Managers in effective performance and implementation of correct business processes.
• Works to motivate, develop and provide opportunities for assigned staff to help them achieve their career goals. Ensures communication on an ongoing basis through staff meetings, e-mails, one-on-one meetings. Sets standards for communication with direct reports.
• Ensure professional develop plans are in place for each Account Manager.
Data Analysis and Reporting
• Assures the accuracy of data analysis to evaluate campaign qualitative and quantitative data, determine trends, develop strategies and track progress; uses these tools to track progress of ongoing campaign units assigned.
• Assure integrity of data for each account and the unit as a whole relative to the number of employees, corporate and employee card value, dollars raised, goals projections, open batch and audit dollars, due dates for corporate, leadership and employee campaign kick-off and reporting.
• Provides timely and accurate reporting internally and externally; builds dashboard for consistent reporting of campaign activity at all times
BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Communications, Social Work or relevant field or equivalent work experience. MS/MBA preferred.
• Five or more years of progressively responsible leadership in creating strategy and implementing programs to develop and build client base, preferably within the United Way network. This experience would typically be gained through sales and marketing management in a corporate or business environment. Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and work with key business accounts and corporate management.
Key Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to comprehend and manage complex sales and project issues. Ability to bring structure and organization to new opportunities as well as early or undeveloped processes. Experience with strategic management of sales function.
• Experience in examining and re-engineering sales and business development processes to achieve targeted results.
• Consultative selling approach with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to identify account interest, needs and preferences for charitable giving. Superior presentation skills with strong customer service orientation. Ability to develop and meet challenging sales goals.
• Demonstrated ability in data analysis with an aptitude for creative problem solution and the ability to present ideas/concepts logically. Excellent PC skills and a background in systematic data management in selling or account management.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to identify account interest, needs and preferences for charitable giving. Possesses a foundation in teamwork and collaboration with internal/external partners. Effective communication skills.
• Effective critical thinking with a willingness to innovate and think outside the box.
Proven Sales or Fund Development Experience through:
• Resource development and marketing
• Systems thinking with the ability to implement effective processes
• Goal driven execution with high level of energy and focus
• Relationship development and management
• Assessing market trends and developing effective growth strategies
• Transferring sector knowledge and experience transfer capability
• Analytical thinking, strategy development and innovation
• Operating effectively in complexity with strong personal management skills
• Highly effective communication skills including public speaking
• Effectively organizing and leading a diverse set of donors and volunteers
Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds. Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time. Good manual dexterity with the ability to perform repetitive hand/wrist motions. Ability to manage multiple tasks as assigned and handle stressful situations. Works in typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Comments: This position is considered light work with repetitive motion.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.