POSTING DATE: December 3, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 17, 2018
Lead United Way of Central Ohio’s strategy on volunteerism to build an emotional connection to United Way’s work to fight poverty. Oversee and create meaningful experiences to increase awareness of United Way’s brand and grow engagement as well as giving. Collaborate across the organization to develop strategies and projects that enhance United Way’s partnerships with volunteers, agencies and stakeholders.
- Lead Volunteer United initiative to create an emotional connection to the work of United Way and advance United Way of Central Ohio’s position in volunteerism.
- Responsible for meeting goals and objectives of a comprehensive cross-functional Volunteer Engagement strategy addressing individual and corporate needs and supporting the achievement of United Way of Central Ohio's strategy map goals.
- Liaise with agency partners to train them on Volunteer United and develop content/opportunities for the site.
- Oversee and manage Galaxy Get Connected site for Volunteer United.
- Cultivate and manage Volunteer United committee to assist with the development, implementation and promotion of the project.
- Build a deeper connection between community members and United Way of Central Ohio’s work to fight poverty through:
- Providing a high level of customer service to ensure a positive experience connecting to and engaging in opportunities.
- Providing education related to the impact area associated with volunteer opportunities/experiences.
- Stewardship of volunteers and connection to opportunities to give or fundraise through peer-to-peer platform.
- Strategically evaluate and reimagine existing corporate and community volunteer efforts, including Columbus Volunteer Challenge, Poverty Simulations and onsite corporate activities.
- Curate and coordinate experience packages and engagement opportunities, such as neighborhood bus tours.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental team Resource Development staff to secure sponsorships for Volunteer United.
- Partner with Marketing on messaging and promotion for Volunteer United and other volunteer engagement efforts.
- Work with Community Impact to partner with agencies & strategically assess community needs. Create & promote opportunities that provide value to both the volunteers & the agencies.
- Work with Data Science team to develop tools for measuring and evaluating volunteerism efforts, including impact on monetary giving.
- Supervise Volunteer Engagement Manager, including planning, scheduling, directing and monitoring work, in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws:
- Establish department and individual goals; interview, hire and train direct report(s).
- Evaluate performance and provide training and development as needed.
- Maintain regular communication, addressing complaints/concerns and resolving issues that arise.
- Oversee community-wide volunteer events, working with agencies, community partners, corporate partners, individuals and United Way of Central Ohio staff (i.e., Book Drive Events, Days of Action, Poverty Simulations).
- Oversee corporate engagement efforts, particularly Corporate Value Proposition strategies.
- Strong interpersonal/communications skills and ability to use sound judgment and be self-directed.
- Strong computer skills are required using personal computers in a Windows environment; familiar with word processing and spreadsheet use.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to independently solve intellectual problems of appreciable variety and complexity using originality and ingenuity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information and development records.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as required.
- Consistently adhere to inter-departmental, volunteer and constituent service standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports United Way Mission, Vision, Value Statements, Service Standards, Confidentiality Standards, and Policies and Procedures.
- Thorough appreciation and acceptance of, and commitment to, diversity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree and at least five years of related professional experience in volunteer management or equivalent of education and experience. Certified Volunteer Administrator (CVA) preferred.
- POSTING DATE: December 3, 2018
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 17, 2018
- Please submit your resume & cover letter to no later than the application deadline to the following URL address: https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/careers/
Please Note: Applicants will see a confirmation message after successfully completing the online application process. If a message does not appear, then the application was not successfully completed. Please re-submit your application if submission issues continue, feel free to call 614.227.2700 for assistance.
United Way is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.