United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC), has an immediate opening for a Director, Transformational Giving who will be responsible to collaboratively lead the strategy, planning, and implementation of the leadership and individual giving plan for the organization. Manages a portfolio of the organization’s leadership donors and provides direction for the team who manages major gift portfolios and major donor stewardship. Ensures the development and execution of comprehensive relationship management strategies. Ensures the delivery of a year-round engaging experience for all mid-level, major gift, and gift planning donors and volunteers. Provides leadership over the UWGC planned giving program and acts as the primary staff contact for the UWGC Foundation Board of Directors.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in key decisions as a Director of the Resource Development Team. Evaluate and advise on the revenue generation needs of long-range strategic planning and introduction of new programs/initiatives/strategies as they relate to individual giving. Provide executive leadership team with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Partner with UWGC Leadership and UWGC Board of Directors, UWGC Foundation Board of Directors, and other volunteers in maximizing impact of revenue generation and donor engagement efforts including identifying, cultivating and generating revenue through major and leadership gifts, planned giving, individual donor engagement, affinity group engagement and special events. Prepare reports and presentations to inform and train these stakeholders as necessary.
- Lead Major Gifts team in establishing and achieving revenue generation and donor engagement goals, providing performance feedback, recognizing team accomplishments, supporting training, learning and/or other growth opportunities, and ensuring an inclusive pool of talent with adequate bench strength. Ensure all team members are current in resource development trends and understanding the competitive landscape -- help build a reputation for UWGC as a thought leader in venture philanthropy and data driven philanthropy
- Manage portfolio of top-level individual donor relationships across the UWCG’s footprint ensuring deep, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships between the donors and prospects within assigned portfolio are cultivated.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Community Impact, Finance, and Volunteer Connection teams to tailor strategies for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Liaise with UWGC Foundation Board developing, recruiting, training Directors, preparing and conducting quarterly Foundation Board meetings to manage Foundation monies and developing strategies for increasing endowment.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required; master’s or CFRE credential preferred.
- Eight or more years professional work experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity required. Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fund-raising procedures and philosophies.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills; ability to connect with external constituents from all walks of life.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships across organizations and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
Competencies: Dynamic Leadership, Organizational/Strategic Planning, Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient
Applicants should apply by October 29, 2021, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion