Position Title: Director, Tax Help Colorado
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: An amount in the beginning of the pay range, $72,000 - $76,000 annually, with consideration given for experience above the minimum requirements.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: This position is based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205
Mile High United Way's Tax Help Colorado is part of MHUW's United Neighborhoods (UN) collective impact strategy. The Tax Help Colorado program works to help families and individuals connect with valuable tax credits like the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, and free tax preparation services. Under the leadership of the Vice President of Community Impact this position is instrumental in providing vision, strategic development, and leadership for the Tax Help Colorado program. The role will be responsible for leading and managing the Tax Help Colorado team, partnering with volunteers, colleges and school districts, local and state organizations, councils, and collaboratives implement our strategy while ensuring alignment with other appropriate and agreed-upon initiatives.
- Direct and lead the Tax Help Colorado strategy for Mile High United Way including the development of short and long-term goals with specific measurable outcomes. The strategy is based on values such as leadership, collaboration, accountability, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop and review annual budget and work plan.
- Maintain relationships with existing tax sites as well as develop and cultivate new partnerships in an effort to grow and enhance the program.
- Coordinate with funders and community partners on goals and objectives for each tax season.
- Plan and implement two annual trainings (summer instructor training and fall site coordinator training).
- Oversee program implementation, updates to curriculum and other necessary materials for ACC 132 and 133 classes at our partner colleges and universities.
- Oversee, create and update community volunteer training materials.
- Coordinate with public information campaign team on site promotion and marketing.
- Provide support as needed to the 211 statewide partnership.
- Administer grants to colleges and high schools.
- Provide necessary support to participating colleges and high schools in regard to tax law, curriculum, software issues, and procedures.
- Act as site consultant for new sites and coordinators.
- Manage tax software performance and utilization.
- Manage tax site performance during tax season.
- Partner closely with our Evaluation and Learning Team to identify, collect, and analyze appropriate data
- Conduct end-of-season debriefs with sites, schools, and students.
- Compile program statistics for planning purposes.
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of sites.
- Develop and maintain national VITA partnerships.
- Partner with our Resource Development Team to develop a case for support of Tax Help Colorado
- Help inform MHUW's policy agenda in partnership with our Policy and Impact Investing Team.
- Represent Mile High United Way at appropriate events and serve as spokesperson for Tax Help Colorado, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or other related fields or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in large scale project management, relationship management and strategic program development and implementation.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience including management/supervision of teams.
- Previous experience with tax preparation helpful.
- Outstanding project management, including strong organizational skills, the ability to meet organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and the ability to effectively address complex issues and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including developing relationships with organizations and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with external consultants and vendors.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in effective writing with stellar written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated experience with program development, budgeting, outcome measurement and contract/grant management.
- Experience overseeing and developing training programs and/or curriculum.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience in public speaking, presentation development, and delivery of information for a variety of audiences; this may include opportunities to engage with media outlets.
- Maintains a high-level degree of professionalism and reliability within areas of responsibility by providing leadership, direction, motivation, and training.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with a keen understanding of cultural competency related to the communities we serve.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office software products, Salesforce, and volunteer tracking platforms.
Working Environment: 30% of time in typical office environment, 70% of time traveling to local offsite meetings.
Physical Activities: May be required to lift up to 20lbs.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.