United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County Job Description
Director, Strong Individuals and Families Impact Council
SVP, Community Impact
San Antonio, Texas
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis to help them reach their full potential.
UWSA seeks a Director to lead the Strong Individuals and Families Impact Council’s investments and initiatives. The Director guides a diverse network of nonprofit partners, subject matter experts, public sector representatives and community volunteers to ensure individuals and families in Bexar County are stable, flourish economically, reach their full potential and maintain a quality of life free of discrimination. This position will work collaboratively with a cross- departmental team and a wide variety of stakeholders to address issues related to economic well-being, workforce development, wage disparity and family violence.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading collaborative, cross-sector nonprofit partnerships and be familiar with collective impact and Results-Bas ed Accou ntability ™ . This person will have the ability to work and communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders in a professional manner. The successful candidate will be flexible, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Direct, plan and execute the backbone infrastructure for the Strong Individuals and Families Impact Council to include priority setting; planning; implementation; budgeting; performance evaluation; fiscal and program monitoring; data analysis; management of monthly meetings with partner agencies and quarterly meetings of the full Impact Council.
- Foster trust and mutual accountability and work collaboratively with nonprofit partners, community volunteers and staff to help the impact council achieve results through a collective impact lens.
- Monitor and evaluate program data reports and financial reports.
- Ensure UWSA investments are addressing stated priorities and creating measurable impact in Bexar County.
- Supervise Impact Manager responsible for assisting with overall management of the impact council, development of content to communicate UWSA’s impact year-round and management of special initiatives (e.g., Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program).
- Engage in research and maintain awareness of local, state and federal data and trends regarding economic well-being, workforce development, racial and gender equity, mental health and family violence.
- Prepare content for Impact Council reports to the Community Impact Committee, Board of Directors, Advisory Council and other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with SVP, Strategic Initiatives and Public Policy, manage corporate/individual grants awarded to support the impact council indicators.
- Contribute to the overall success of UWSA by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Preference also given to candidate with 5+ years’
experience in the field.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit arena and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, community partners, donors and volunteers
- Experience in program evaluation
- Experience staffing a broad cross-section of volunteer leaders and/or non-profit partners
- Ability to identify and build opportunities and assist in educating and mobilizing networks of individuals,
associations, agencies and institutions to support UWSA’s impact agenda.
- Experience in working effectively in multicultural environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including development of content relevant to the Impact Council for a wide variety of audiences and media
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities and problem-solve issues as they arise
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available
- Paid holidays, volunteer, days, personal days and sick leave time
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Exposure to glare from a computer.
- Weekend and evening hours required
- Work remotely as indicated by environmental factors, such as COVID-19
- Lift or move up to 20 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
- Contact email@example.com should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org