As Director, Strategic Partnerships, you are one part strategic advisor, one part expert fundraiser, and one part skilled relationship/partnership manager. You are a motivated “hunter” and are comfortable engaging the C-suite level within large global corporations. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Corporate Relations.
In this role, you will focus on the acquisition of Fortune 500 & Global 500 companies currently not engaged with United Way. You will build relationships, foster prospects, and create a pipeline. You will develop strategies for corporate clients that include impact investment, reputation solutions, and employee engagement. You are motivated by making a difference in communities, for helping corporate partners achieve better business outcomes, and for hitting and exceeding revenue targets. Your work with acquired companies will lead to many of them being placed in an account management program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Drive revenue for United Way Worldwide and the United Way Network through the acquisition of new corporate partners.
- Create strategic engagement plans for newly acquired partners that will lead them to account management programs (some of which this position may manage).
- Identify and penetrate new industries and markets where United Way partnerships do not currently exist.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and work across teams to build strategic plans for key partners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members of the United Way Network to develop market strategies and engage corporate partners in assigned geographies.
- Establish, manage, and grow a pipeline of corporate targets,
- Represent United Way Worldwide at internal and external industry events.
- Clearly articulate United Way’s brand value, mission, and vision as well as its unique positioning to solve some of the most critical challenges impacting the communities we serve.
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue goals and targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Eight years of progressive experience in a similar role.
- Three years of experience in a leadership role.
- Masterful corporate relations, consultative sales experience, and strategic philanthropy knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of staff and leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 40 – 60% travel expected.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.