The Director, Shared CRM is responsible for managing the United Way Worldwide Salesforce CRM Platform including development roadmap, dependencies on other UWW systems and alignment with external systems to support individual and corporate engagement. The Director, Shared CRM is responsible for ensuring the development of the platform, engaging network user groups to prioritize system enhancements and advocating for system standards to support United Way Worldwide’s common data standards.
This role is responsible for proper alignment supports of the data strategy in order to ensure UWW meets its corporate and individual partners’ needs. The Director, Shared CRM is also responsible for field engagement as well as monitoring and evaluating product success during the development, implementation, and maintenance periods of the product’s lifecycle. This role will be a part of a team responsible for designing and delivering UWW’s world-class solution for Digital Engagement and Donor Management. Proficiency in Salesforce development, mobile-responsive applications, integration, automation, and user experience, as well as the ability to guide a development team and build knowledge amongst a growing team of junior developers are required. The Director, Shared CRM serves as a member of the Information Technology team but also works in partnership with areas such as Digital Services, Global Corporate Leadership, and Research (i.e., other areas responsible for data management).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Work with United Ways (“UW”) to build consensus around enhancement request for shared CRM within UWs, between UWs, and between UWs and UWW.
- Manage key vendor relationships around system development.
- Build collaboration among UWs around collectively building systems and customizations for use by the UW Network.
- General UWW representation for other integration work within the system, including Salesforce integrations, external processing and distribution partners, etc.
- Engage the field on collaborative opportunities to improve system consensus, participation, and performance across the Network on technology related strategies.
- Interface with internal constituents and stakeholders to ensure shared CRM functionality sufficiently supports area divisions/departments at meeting their respective goals and objectives.
- Manage project team resources through creation of detailed and accurate project descriptions, estimates, functional and technical specifications, schedules, timelines, and written status reports throughout a digital project lifecycle.
- Document all aspects of project development and evolution through concise meeting notes, action items, and task management. Eliminate barriers in completion of projects.
- Work with the Senior Director, Processing & Data Systems to manage resources for the project, including utilization of team resources, forecasting and budget management.
- Manage scope, including identifying issues and working with the resources and client on resolution plans.
- Must be able to multi-task and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree with at least seven to 10 years of advanced-level experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Computer Science or related field is preferred--Master’s a plus.
- Five to seven years project management experience.
- Excellent organization, communication, and motivational skills with an attention to detail.
- A self-starter attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce NPSP, relational databases, and workplace engagement practices for implementing database-driven, web-based applications.
- Experience with large-scale system implementation, integration, interfaces, and data conversion.
- Experience in using efficient methodologies (i.e., Agile–Extreme programing, writing user stories, and test-driven development) and continuous deployment tools (i.e., Jenkins).
- Understanding of traditional PM process.
Thank you for your interest in employement with United Way Worldwide. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.